Happy Saturday! I’m sitting here with a cup of coffee, wondering if there is actually enough coffee in the world to get me through the day. It feels like it’s been raining for years. I know it hasn’t and I know we need at least some of this rain, but I don’t do well with multiple grey and wet days in a row. Anyways, I’m joining up with my friends Deborah, Coco, and Lynda for a virtual coffee date.
If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that instead of running Ragnar Relay, I spent my evening in my nice warm house drinking a pumpkin beer and baking for a recipe post on Monday. While I was a little (tiny) bit sad not to be out with my team, beer and donuts are not such a bad way to spend an evening.
TGIF! This has seriously been one of the longest weeks ever. Between the constant coughing, volunteering at Shoo’s school book fair, a doctor appointment, a kid dentist appointment, and soccer practice, I’ve felt like I’ve had no down time. (Or really any time to do any of the 10o0s of things I need to accomplish). Anyway, it’s FRIDAY! And I may or may not have a crazy weekend – lots of things have been canceled and various other things seem to be on the fence. I do know Ragnar is happening, so I’ll be volunteering in whatever the weather is tomorrow. Should be interesting.
Today’s topic for the Friday Five with Courtney, Mar, and Cynthia is “Favorite Fitness Bloggers”. I have a really hard time with this because as the book says “You’re all my favorites.” The librarian in me also feels the need to use selection criteria. After my criteria started looking like I was working on an in-depth literature review, I nearly resorted to random choice. Then I remembered that I recently became a 261 Fearless Ambassador and decided to showcase five of those. (Since the Ambassador list is not up yet on the website, I did a quick and dirty google search.)
- Pam and Christine at We Run Disney – This is a mother/daughter running and blogging team. Obviously, they are Disney race fans, but they’ve run lots of other races, including several of the Rock ‘n’ Roll races and they have Marine Corps Marathon coming up soon!
- Shannon at Girl’s Got Soul – Shannon is also a Skirt Sports Ambassador with me. She’s a Florida girl who has trained through the crazy heat down there to get ready for the NYC Marathon in a few weeks!
- Michelle at Running With Attitude – I feel like I’ve “known” Michelle forever, yet somehow have not yet ended up at the same race with her. She recently found out she’s going to have to take a running break, so go over and give her some support.
- Organic Runner Mom – (I know her name, but didn’t see it on her blog…) ORM is another Skirt Sports Ambassador who recently rocked a half Ironman.
- Gigi at Running on Candy – I don’t “know” Gigi as well as the above bloggers, but I can’t wait to get to know her better as part of the #261Fearless group. She’s also training for the Marine Corps Marathon. (Suddenly I’m feeling the need to have a blogger meet up the day before the race…)
I know that there are a lot more #261Fearless Ambassadors out there, so hopefully a few will stop by and give themselves a shout out in the comments.
Stay dry my friends, since I apparently won’t be. ;o)
Edited to add some bonus 261 Fearless Peeps…
- Mercedes at Run Swim Bike Teach – Mercedes is a new blogger who (as you might guess) is a teacher who does triathlons. Check her out!
I am also linking up with Jill for Fitness Friday.