God is laughing…

by MCM Mama on April 13, 2012

I’m sure you’ve heard the saying “if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.”

Yesterday’s plan – 8 miles, several hours of work, soccer, martial arts, cub scouts.

This weekend – guests, site seeing, running.

What really happened:

One mile into my 8 mile run, I got a call from the school nurse, telling me Jones wasn’t feeling well.  I figured it was just his allergies, so I ran the long way home and finished 3 miles.  Picked Jones up at school.  Beer Geek was working from home and had 30 minutes until he had a conference call.  Gave Jones a “puke bucket”, told him to yell for daddy if he needed him, and bolted out the door for another 2 miles.  Shortly thereafter, umm, let’s just say I needed to do a load of laundry and lysol a bedroom floor.

This may have been the conversation I overheard:
Jones: I just threw up out my nose!
Shoo: That’s Epic!
(Yes, boys are kind of gross)

Ugh.

Looks like 8 miles on the treadmill today if sick boy can keep some food down.  Everything else has now fallen into the “we’ll see” category.

Me?  I’m just washing my hands like a crazy lady.  I’m pretty sure subsisting on soda crackers and gatorade is not part of a good taper plan.

Happy Friday the 13th!

Follow on Bloglovin follow us in feedly

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Heidi @BananaBuzzbomb April 13, 2012 at 7:37 am

Oof! Trust me, crackers and gatorade aren’t preferable since I was doing that this past weekend =/ Fingers crossed you stay healthy!!

2 Travel Spot April 13, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Ug, that sucks. The best laid plans…. I hope you don’t get sick!

3 Laura April 13, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Oh no! Having sick kiddos is no fun… hope you get that 8 miler in and stay healthy!

4 Yo Momma Runs April 13, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Dang, I hope you don’t catch it!

5 Hikermom April 13, 2012 at 3:58 pm

OH man, I hope he feels better and everyone else stays healthy. Barf out the nose, not good.

6 Char April 14, 2012 at 2:03 am

I hope Jones is feeling better today. Throwing up through your nose IS totally epic. Way to impress your brother.

7 Caitlin April 15, 2012 at 11:55 am

at least you’ve accepted that life happens and that it doesn’t go according to plan all the time! that’s super hard for me to accept but i like the idea of God laughing at you for saying you have a plan. i’m not particularly religious but i know that many believe that God control’s the plan, so the joke is funny :) i hope you keep the stomach bug at bay! i know how contagious those can be. and hope your guy feels better soon!