Who Stole My Sloth?

by MCM Mama on April 17, 2012

Yesterday started much like any other Monday.  Dragging myself out of bed when the alarm went off.  Mainlining coffee to force myself to join the thinking world.  Taking the kids to school so I could have a few hours of quiet to recover from the weekend.  My only goal – grocery shopping.

But then, something happened.

I went grocery shopping.  Then I ran 5 miles.  I did a load of laundry.  I made a whole chicken in the crockpot.  I ran (and emptied!) the dishwasher.  I put the soaker hoses under the azaleas for the summer.  (Yeah, that was just as much fun as it sounds.)  I did some work for my job.  I fed, bathed, and got the kids to bed.

And then I painted. Starting at 10:30 last night.

What??!!??

See, I have this problem.  Once I decide something needs doing, I have a hard time not doing it RIGHT.THEN.  And, despite living with the hideous paint in my basement hallway for 15 years (yes, I lived with it for 15 years, but until last year, the basement was not exactly a much used space).  So, I painted until 1 in the morning and I’m half done.

Today looks to be more of the same:  take kids to school, stop at Trader Joe’s, run 3 miles, finish the painting, chiro, work,…

So, whoever stole my inner sloth, can you keep her for a while?  I have a lot of things I’d like to accomplish this week…

Follow on Bloglovin follow us in feedly

{ 14 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Heather April 17, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Can you have them steal mine, too?? I need a productive day like this!

2 Katie April 17, 2012 at 1:36 pm

I am the same way. When I suddenly decide that I need to start a project, I have to start it immediately!

3 Hikermom April 17, 2012 at 3:50 pm

I am the same way. Some days I can just go forever and others I can barely get off the couch. So happy that you are feeling energetic! I hope the sloth stays away for a while:)

4 Elena April 17, 2012 at 4:52 pm

I saw that you tweeted that you were heading to paint and I admit, I did a double take. :) But yes, I am the same way about getting things done! xo

5 Michelle @ Running with Attitude April 17, 2012 at 6:16 pm

I could use a couple of productive days like that! Hope the sloth stays lost :)

6 Travel Spot April 17, 2012 at 8:32 pm

I had a couple of those last week. I got meals made for the next 10 or 12 years, painted, scrubbed the floor…. You better take advantage of it just in case in a few days they give it back!

7 Char April 17, 2012 at 8:50 pm

What have you been eating? Drinking? Can you bottle some of that energy and send it to me?

8 Char April 17, 2012 at 8:50 pm

9 Yo Momma Runs April 17, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Painting…we need to do some of that around here too. At this very moment, I am sloth-ily not doing work that I should be.

10 Miz April 18, 2012 at 5:52 am

SHES HERE :)
Ill keep her…

11 Laura April 18, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Impressive! I love when I’m on a roll like that… it doesn’t happen that often for me either, so it’s good you’re making the most of it!

12 Kayra @ LauraLivesLife April 18, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Congrats your your super-productive day – I love days like that, but they are invariable followed by slothfull ones – it’s like I need to compensate! Maybe we need a place to send our inner sloths permanently on a vacation until it’s time for our break!

13 Heather April 18, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Thanks for your nice comment! I am the same way – and with the painting, I always think, oh I’ll just hurry up and get this done. And then it takes days and days and I want to burn the house down instead of finishing . . . :)

14 Kim @ (Just) Trying June 7, 2012 at 10:28 pm

…I still can’t believe you unloaded the dishwasher. But, did you take the laundry out of the dryer?