1. I haven’t run since Tuesday. Wednesday my calf hurt too much after my chiro appointment. Thursday I went on a field trip with Jones and then came home and took a nap. (Anyone who knows me knows how odd that is. I don’t nap. Ever. And of course, it left me feeling all discombobulated.). Today is a travel day. Eh, it is what it is.
2. I’ve way over packed. Seriously. I have at least four shirts, three bottom options, three running bras, four hats, and two pairs of Vibrams. Indecisive much? Luckily I don’t need much beyond race clothes, so I was still able to get it all in a small duffel bag.
3. I can’t decide if I plan to go commando or not. One of my bottom options is my Skirt Sport Happy Hour skirt. Theoretically, I could go commando, but I don’t really want to find out that there’s an errant seam at say mile 5. That’s just not the kind of chafing I need. (And if you are wondering, the reason I usually wear my Fruit of the Looms is that most of my shorts don’t have the built in undies.)
4. It thrills me that the half goes past my hotel somewhere between miles 7 and 9. I’ve never DNF’d, but knowing that if things are going horribly I can bail is kind of like having a security blanket. I can’t imagine actually quitting, but knowing that I could quit without having a huge walk or a begging for a ride is a nice thing to tuck in the back of my mind.
5. I’m a little freaked out at going away for the night. In the last 10 (almost 11) years, I haven’t spent a night without either a child or Beer Geek with me. I’m not at all worried about them. They’ll be fine. I’m worried about me. It just feels weird. Also, I just realized the last time I spent a night without husband or kids was September 11, 2001 and the following days. Beer Geek was in St. Louis and I was by myself (8months pregnant) while he drove home. (Dear Stalkers, I am not traveling by myself. In fact, I am actually traveling with a county cop. Don’t bother looking for me. )
Bonus: I’m not taking my computer and I don’t know how to post from my phone, so if you want to hear how things are going, follow me on Twitter. I make no promises that I’ll do a lot of tweeting though…)
Catch you on the flip side!