AKA bits and pieces from the last few days…
- As I was dozing in bed this morning waiting for the alarm, I heard a huge “THUMP” on my window. I opened the shade and there was a squirrel clinging to the screen, staring at me. I smacked the window and he jumped down. I turned away and I heard a “THUMP” again. Sure enough, he was right back. This repeated a few times. I finally opened the window and scared him enough to make him run away. WTF?
- I’m really starting to freak out about Cub Scout camp. Important things like “how will I be able to shave my legs?” “how am I going to be able to handle July in Virginia with no air conditioning?” “Will I get withdrawal symptoms from the lack of cell phone and internet?”
- Speaking of Cub Scouts, last week the boys earned the Whittling Chip so they can take their knives for whittling there. I’m a teensy tiny bit scared of boys with knives.
- I’m losing one of my fingernails from slamming the door on my finger back in March. I thought losing a toenail was gross, but actually losing it on my hand where people can see it is much worse.
- Whispering – I ran this weekend and my foot didn’t swell. Shhh!
- The door on our 1995 jeep needs repairing. You get really strange looks at the gas station when you get out the passenger door – and you are the driver.
- Summer has hit here full force this week. I am so not ready for 90 degree runs. The prospect of sitting on my butt and getting out of shape has never looked so good. ;o)
- A B-52 flew over our house last night. As an Air Force brat, I saw lots of them growing up (my dad flew in them), so I was totally bummed to miss seeing it. It’s been years since I saw one in the air. Also? The randomest things fly over/happen near our house. One of the reasons I’m not sure I could ever move.
- I’m a little bit OCD about knowing what time it is. When I went to the Blue Ridge half marathon, I lost the alarm clock I’d had since college. Yesterday, Shoo decided he needs a watch and took the one I normally wear 24/7. Talk about living outside your comfort zone! I think I may have to rectify the situation at Target today.
- This weekend was all kinds of awesome. Some lazin’, Rolling Thunder, dinner out with my boys, a pool party, yard work, and this:
- Meeting up with Kim, T, and G (and T’s adorable girls) was awesome. Rumor has it there may be some more meetups in the future, including one while we are out in Oregon this summer. Woot!
Hope you had a wonderful weekend!