1. I go through weird food ruts. For a while it was Arugula, then it was brussel sprouts, right now? Broccoli slaw. I eat it nearly every day. And it’s not the salad version with the crunchy stuff and cranberries and stuff. Just plain old broccoli slaw sauteed on the stove.
2. I’m a little nervous about Hurricane Sandy. The derecho this summer threw everyone for a loop and it sounds like this may be similar. There’s not much I can do about the big trees and I’m pretty well stocked for food/water. So, what am I stressing about? Getting crickets for the gecko and how to keep the gecko warm enough. Pretty sure there’s not going to be a run on crickets on Saturday…
3. I posted on FB about getting prepared for the storm. My shopping list did not include beer (it did include crickets.) My friends were all very concerned about why beer was not on the list. Hmm… have they never been to my house? Do I ever NOT have enough beer to get through a natural disaster?
4. I ran 3.6 miles yesterday, which brought my weekly total to 20 miles. Five days of running in a row and my legs were tired, but not completely unable to run. *Whispers* Nothing hurts… (Afterwards I got a Starbucks Salted Carmel Mocha, which pretty much negated any calorie burn, but since the whole point of the run was to run on tired legs, I don’t care. And it was worth it.)
5. Today I’ll be at the MCM expo. If you want to try to find me, shoot me an email at mom2shoo at gmail.com. That’s all the info I feel like sharing publicly with my stalkers. ;o)
6. I still want that bike.
TGIF, people. Good luck to everyone running MCM this weekend! I’ll be cheering you on in spirit. Wish I actually had time to get out to the race, but I’ll be busy preparing my house for the havoc created by 10 little boys who can’t go outside…