It’s hard to believe another year is approaching a close and I’m still running and still blogging about it. Before I post about my goals for 2013, I feel the need to asses 2012. Verdict? 2012 was a good year.
- Continue to run injury free in 2012. LISTEN to my body and visit my chiro as needed. I FINALLY seem to be doing well. Fingers crossed, knock on wood, and all that.
- Build my “base mileage” to at least 30 miles per week. Then consider various training options. I’m in the middle of a major mileage build right now – up to 38 miles per week, heading towards 60.
- Run a “balls to the wall, leave it all on the course, go right up to the puke threshold (maybe beyond)” 5k at the Love the Run You’re with 5k in February. Did this. Did it at a couple of other races too.
- Run races in at least 4 states – Hoping for some blogging buddy meetups in Ohio, Oregon, Washington, and either Connecticut, Rhode Island, or Massachusetts. – North Carolina, Oregon, Washington, Iowa. 21 states done.
- Keep up the 30 minutes of intentional movement every day that I started on December 1. I’ll admit to some lazy days.
- Get the kids moving with me. Meh.
- Keep my focus on veggies and fruits. Continue to strive for 7 a day every day. No problems here.
- Try one new fitness activity this year. (I’d like to say each month but part of being SMART is being realistic LOL) I’ve tried about four new things, so doing great here.
- Bike enough to make it worth buying a new bike. Got one picked out that I’ll probably actually buy in Spring.
- Continue working for my awesome boss at my job that I enjoy. (Working for someone you’ve been friends with since you were 19 does not suck.) More work than I can handle going on here. Still very happy with it.
- Continue to grow my relationship with my local running store, as a volunteer and a coach. (I actually have a specific goal here, but it’s still under wraps.) Yep. I get to work the Nike Women’s Half Marathon. (I’m not going to share my exact role because I don’t want hate mail if I screw up LOL.)
- Even though I’m no longer running a coaching business, keep working with moms who want to get back in shape/start running as a volunteer activity. I let this go. Too much else going on.
- Join BURP (a local homebrew club). Not yet.
- Brew a batch of beer at home. I’ve got some of the equipment. Baby steps, people.
- Go out with Beer Geek without the kids at least once every two weeks. Yep.
- Take a trip with Beer Geek. We managed several one night trips away. We’ll be away from the kids for 9! days in the spring.
- Continue to slowly clean out the clutter in our house. Living someplace for 14 years tends to fill a place up LOL. Slowly moving stuff out of my house…
Back in June, I posted
I need to contemplate some new goals. I keep making Beer Geek nervous with my talk of moving to Oregon or knocking down walls in the dining room. I’m feeling “antsy” for lack of better word, which means I need to find a new physical challenge and the sooner the better. When I’m tired from running so much, I don’t spend as much time trying to rock his world LOL.
I think my “5 half marathons in 5 days in 5 states” is gonna save Beer Geek from a major home renovation LOL. I have no energy for anything else LOL.
Total HBBC points = 271.1
HBBC Week 6 – 17.2
Wednesday = 7.2 (5.2 mile run + freggies +FB)
Tuesday = 8 (7 mile run + FB)
Monday = 2 (veggies + FB)
HBBC Week 4 – 54.7
HBBC Week 3 – 51.6
HBBC Week 2 – 46.8
HBBC Week 1 – 50.4
HBBC pre-bonus points – 3