My life seems to be going in 1000 directions at once and 13 is my favorite number, so…
1. Yesterday I spent my entire day in snow pants. I put them on early in the day to shovel snow and just never took them off. Why? Because my drafty old house does not do well with wind chills below zero.
2. It appears that I got the job I interviewed for last week. At least HR thinks so. I have an appointment next week to fill out paper work, but I haven’t been contacted by the department I’ll work for, so I’m not exactly sure what I’ve been hired for LOL.
3. I bought a new torture device at the running store last week – the Foot Log. I’ve had issues with my forefoot for quite some time now + plus my feet are getting kind of tired of all my shoeless treadmill running. So far, I love the way it feels, but I’m not yet sold on whether it actually makes a difference. I’ll do a full review once I make up my mind.
4. Last night it was in the low teens outside and our boiler (AKA what heats the water for our radiators) wouldn’t turn on. I was freaking out more than a little bit – visions of burst pipes and frozen geckos. I finally got in touch with the technician, just as it kicked in. Turns out, since it is both our hot water heater and our furnace, it was prioritizing the hot water. Let’s just say the boys won’t be taking back to back long hot showers on cold nights again.
5. I got contacted yesterday about another work opportunity. It was a little outside my area of interest and would make my time really tight, so I quoted them my hourly rate from when I worked full time. As it turns out, it’s more than they were willing to pay, but the immense feeling of relief I felt told me I would have only been doing it for the money. Moral of the story: Know your worth!
6. I was thinking I might use the below picture for my headshots. No?
7. When I was sitting down and trying to figure out whether I could take on yet another gig, I made a list of all of my time commitments. Looks like I’ll be running from 6-10 hours every week from now until the 5 half marathons in 5 days. Oh, how I wish I was a faster runner.
9. The boys had yesterday off of school because of the snow and a late start today because of the snow and cold. I know some local parents are unhappy with the school system (one even wanted to file a complaint because she thought the teachers were getting too much time off. WHAT???). While I get that we are all ready to get back to normal and I know that sometimes the school system blows a call, I’d much rather err on the side of caution. Virginia is just not good at handling snow and many families don’t have the clothing to dress appropriately for this weather. That said, thank goodness today was just a delay!
10. I’ve decided that my cat is just weird. She likes to tightrope walk on our upstairs banister. Every time she gets into the unfinished part of the basement, she gets up into the pipes. The other night she jumped up into our chimney and sat on the broken damper (we have it capped at the top). She’s driving me crazy. Good thing she’s so darned cute.
11. I recently got added to Popsugar Select Fitness. Lots of really cool bloggers over there. Check it out if you are looking for some new reads.
12. I’m running my first 5k in two years in February. Cupid’s Run offered me two free entries, so my dad and I are going to run it. It’s in a neat area and for a good cause, so why not? And he’ll probably kick my butt at that distance too…
13. Don’t forget that I have a 10% discount for Zooma Annapolis! Come join me! It’s going to be a blast!