Once again I’m linking up with the DC Trifecta for a Friday Five. This week’s theme is “Spring Forward” and let me tell you, I am so ready for spring!
1. 8 days from now I run my first 2014 half marathon. After that, I’m running 12 more in rapid succession. In fact, I only have three non-race weekends between March 15 and May 31. The big question right now is what half marathon will bring me up to 13 – I have 11 paid for, a 12th one that I just need to register for, and 4 options to get #13. None of the options are good for various reasons, I just have to figure out which one is least bad. As part of this, Beer Geek and I are going on vacation together. Nevermind that I’ll be running for 2+ hours every day – we are going someplace warmer! Woot!
2. I can’t wait for it to get seasonally warm here. I love my Happy Girl skirts from Skirt Sports more than any other running bottom I own. We’ve had such a cold winter here this year that I’ve only worn them occasionally and most of that has been with running tights. Honestly, if I never see running tights again, I won’t be upset. I have a brand new skirt that steps out of my black obsession and I can’t wait to wear it.
3. I also recently became an ambassador for Swirlgear. I love the interesting colors and patterns. I’ve only had a chance to run in my top once so far, but doesn’t this top just scream “summer”?
4. I am so ready for my body to start craving spring/summer vegetables. This winter has been so cold and grey and I’ve been stuck in the house so much, that all I’ve craved have been warm, starchy, comfort foods. The only salad I’ve had lately was when I’ve stuffed greens inside of a tortilla with meat and cheese. Not exactly the healthy meal I was going for.
5. My feet just want to be free! I’ve been wearing my winter boots nearly every day for the last two months. They are comfortable and warm and waterproof. But I’m so over them. So.So.Over.Them. I can’t wait to be barefoot at home and in sandals when out.
Tomorrow night we are having some friends over for a beer and food pairing dinner. My goal? Get all of the winter seasonal beers out of my house. It’s time to spring forward and warm up! It’s March, Mother Nature, please behave accordingly!