I live in the land of the Type A personality. Everyone here works a zillion hours and has their kids in 5000 activities. OK, maybe that’s a bit of an exaggeration, but only a bit. In fact, around here, it’s almost a badge of honor to proclaim how busy you are. And as one of my friends says when this happens, “You don’t own busy.” I have no leg to stand on in these comparisons. Our family is a bit unusual around here. We’ve made some choices that allow us all some free time and a decent amount of unstructured family time.
This week? I own busy.
We have the perfect storm of crazy going on:
- Jones has 4! afterschool orchestra practices, two of which are in the evening
- We have an appointment to get the boys their passports
- Yesterday I worked at the reference desk, losing 4 hours of my usual chore time, after losing an hour of time to the clock
- I have a ton of work to catch up on from my other job from last week
- I’m spending multiple hours volunteering at the RNR expo
- Jones has his orchestral assessment on Saturday
- I have the RNR USA half marathon on Saturday
- I have to drive to Jones’ assessment because they need large vehicles to drive the large instruments (since I have both a large vehicle and a child who plays one of the large instruments, I’m feeling like I have to drive…)
- The elementary school auction is Saturday night (ok, I WANT to go to that, but still it’s one more thing).
- Let’s not talk about how stupid late I went to sleep last night, thanks to the time change. Could we just stop messing with the times? Pick one. Stick with it. That is all.
Really, it doesn’t seem like much, does it.
But here’s the kicker – I have to run 50 miles this week! I’m running 10 miles a day for the next 3 days. I don’t often care that I’m not a fast runner, but this is one of the weeks that it would really help if I was LOL.
Do you ever have weeks like that, where by accident or poor planning, you are wall to wall busy? I’m not a fan…
6 days until the adventure begins! Even better, I’m working on a little somethin’ somethin’ for my awesome readers. Hint: it rhymes with shmivaway…
And on the bright side, I did run in a skirt this weekend and long sleeves were too much! And it looks like we have a few more days like that this week. C’mon Spring!