I’ve been the slackiest of slackers lately. I’ve been trying desperately to catch up with all the things I let slide during marathon training while also trying to juggle birthdays, school activities, and Shoo’s overwhelming soccer schedule. (I knew that travel soccer was a commitment, I just didn’t add in all the driving into my planning.) Anyways, I’ve been a bad hostess. A very bad hostess. It’s like I invited you over for dinner and offered you last night’s leftovers. Thankfully Marcia and Patty are more organized than I am. They actually wrote about today’s topic: Runner Playlists. Since my playlist is older than a lot of you, and hasn’t been updated in YEARS, I decided I’d talk a bit more about our linkup.
I’m trying to be a better hostess. I do try to comment on everyone’s posts, but I usually only make it through about half before my short attention span is taken up by something else. I am good about retweeting, so hit me up on twitter. But I’m starting my 2016 TOTR goal a bit early – I’m going to be better about telling you topics ahead of time and I’m going to make a more concerted effort to stop by each and every one of your blogs. Anyways, here are the topics for the rest of 2015…
- 11/24/2015 – Runner’s Gift List: tell us what you want or what you recommend
- 12/1/2015 – TMI Tuesday: let’s talk about those things that none of us talk about – digestive issues, girl problems, leaking, boob chafe, we want to hear your problems and/or your solutions
- 12/8/2015 – The race expo: what do you shop for? Or are you in and out?
- 12/15/2015 – The agony of DNF, DNS: have you ever gone there? What brought you to that point? How did you get past it mentally or physically?
- 12/22/2015 Highlights of your running year: what were the most important things that happened in your running year
- 12/29/2015 Race medals for the year: show us the bling!
- 01/06/15 Goals for 2016: we want to hear where you are heading!
Need a little refresher on how this all works? Here you go!
Most weeks we will offer up a topic for people to write about. You are by no means required to write about the topic. We just ask that you link up a running related post if you are not writing about the topic. See above for topics for the next while, but if I get behind (as I likely will), you’ll see a tweet or two from me on Sunday and Monday with #TOTR. Don’t follow me on twitter? You should! @mcmmama
Next week’s topic: Runner’s Gift List – tell us what you want or what you’d recommend!
Tips for linking up!
- Use our topic if you have writer’s block or like the topic, but we are happy to have you link up any running related post!
- Link up on Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday or… That’s right, the link stays open for a few days. It’s ok to link up late as long as your post or blog includes a link back to one or more of us.
- Link up an older post if you like, especially if it’s on the topic. That’s right, you can breathe some life into something you wrote in the past. Again, all we ask is that you add in a link back to us or put a link to Tuesdays on the run on your sidebar.
- Check out a blog or two on the link up. You might “meet” someone one you’ve never met before and love their blog. I do my best to hit every single blog that links up, but I usually fail.
- Have fun! We want this to be something you look forward to each week! I know I do.
We are looking for a reader suggested topic!
As I mentioned, we have a spreadsheet of topics, but we’d love to hear what you all would like to talk about. You can leave a comment here or reach out to me on twitter. If we use your topic, you’ll get a shout out on the link up!
Got any more questions? Feel free to drop a comment or send me an email at mcmmamaruns at gmail.com. Otherwise, we look forward to seeing you each Tuesday!