It’s Friday! Fr-Fr-Fr-Friday! And Friday the 13th to boot! Yes, Friday the 13th is my lucky day, so I’m looking forward to an awesome day. Of course, the fact that I leave on vacation with Beer Geek while my parents man the fort might have something to do with how awesome I feel. Either that or the lack of sleep.
So here are some fun, random things for this Friday.
- It’s our 21st anniversary today! Finally, our marriage is legal to have a beer. Still, I can’t believe that we’ve been married 21 years. I’m pretty sure I’m only 25. (Do not remind me of the wrinkles and the grey streaks in my hair thankyouverymuch.) I was going to give you some thoughts on marriage, but I fell asleep. That’s what 21 years of marriage does for you.
- I recently got the opportunity to be an Ambassador for the Craft Classic races. Beer and racing? What could be better? Maybe if I could actually run all three. Instead, I’ve set my hopes on making it down to the Atlanta race. If you’d like to race, use code MCMMAMA and get $10 off of the half marathon and $5 off the 5K in any of the cities: San Diego, Atlanta, and Phoenix.
- Normally I hit about 12-14,000 steps on a rest day just from my usual life activities (having a two story house with a basement means a lot of up and down.) Yesterday, as I was packing, I managed 25,000 steps. Without even working out. No wonder I’m tired.
- I am, however, ready for my 7 half marathons in 7 days.
- Last year this time, I was in Cape Cod for Ragnar Cape Cod. I’m kind of loving this “take a running vacation” to celebrate our anniversary each year!
Off I go! Have a wonderful week. Don’t worry, I’ll be posting pics and race recaps as we go along.