At this point, I’ve completed 5 of 7 half marathons. We’ve had an amazing trip so far. Maine was an ok race, New Hampshire was good, Vermont was awesome, Massachusetts kicked my butt, and Rhode Island went well. We’ve driven all over the area in the Ford Mustang the rental agency gave us instead of a compact LOL. I’ve visited a tri-point (where three state borders come together), the Rhode Island high point, and all the counties in Vermont and New Hampshire that Beer Geek needed to visit. We are having a wonderful time celebrating 21 years of marriage doing the things that make us both happy. (OK, I’m tolerating the geeky stuff LOL) Since it’s Friday Five, here are five things I’m loving about this trip…
- Beer Geek running with me – When we first began doing the Mainly Marathons’ series, Beer Geek would wait for me at the start/finish line. Slowly but surely, he’s become more active with the races and when MM added a 5k option, he began running that at Center of the Nation. This trip he’s run the 5k each day, walked a lap, and then paced me for my last lap at each race.
- The beer: We have been to a lot of breweries and brewpubs and there were even more we didn’t make it to. Even better, all the places we’ve been to have had good food and really good beer.
- Men running in skirts: that is all.
- Strip marathoning: I never had to start cold because you run past the start/finish multiple times during each race. I often go from several layers down to a tank by the end of a race.
- This amazing plaque: I hit 25 races with Mainly Marathons this week!