This week has flown by. I sent one kid off to vacation with his grandparents and I’ve been hanging out (as much as he’ll let me) with the older kid. It’s hard to believe he starts high school this fall! I’ve also been attempting to train for the Marine Corps Marathon and simultaneously pull together a Ragnar DC team. Oh, and that little thing I call a job. Add in some nasty hot weather that seems to be melting my brain and I’m super ready for the weekend. Since it’s the last Friday of the month, here are my Runfessions. I’m linking up with Marcia as well as the DC Trifecta of Courtney, Mar, and Cynthia.
- I don’t run outside in the summer to feel bada$$. I run outside because I get tired of running in place. I do, however, feel bada$$ when I complete my planned run and do it without passing out from the heat.
- I’m currently training for the Marine Corps Marathon. In years past, I’ve had an extensive calendar with planned paces and distances. This time? I’m following the Hanson’s plan, but I randomly switch between the beginner and advanced versions, depending on my mood on that run. And I keep forgetting what week I’m on.
- Last week, I managed to trip myself with my own shoelace. Remember how your mom always told you to tie your shoelaces or you’ll trip? She was right.
- Hanson’s has very specific paces for each type of run. With this awful heat wave, I’ve just been aiming for sub 11:00 minute miles and calling it good. I’m pretty sure that’s not what they meant when they called for a tempo run.
- It’s been so hot lately that I have been doing all of my runs in the Gym Girl Ultras (this is an affiliate link, which means I make a bit if you buy through it. Feel free to use code MCM20 for 20% off and then we both win) instead of my Happy Girls. I don’t do laundry nearly often enough to manage with the few GGU that I have, so of course I bought two of the new ones. (Who am I kidding? I would have bought them anyways… I really want the tanks too, but I need more tank tops about like I need more Happy Girls LOL)
Happy Friday, ya’ll. I’ve got my first long runs of this training session on tap, but rumor has it that it’s only gonna be hot instead of ghastly hot, so it’s all good.