Have you ever wished that you could make just the smallest tweak to your favorite Skirt Sports item? Or wanted an old design to come back because it was your very favorite? Or just wanted to try something new because it sounds fun and different from what you are used to?
Enter the Skirt Sports Sewing Room! After a successful Kickstarter that resulted in the Gotta Go Skirt, Nicole DeBoom and Skirt Sports decided to keep offering the opportunity to help them design new products. It’s a multi-stage process – beginning with design submissions and then voting and then finally the chance to put your money behind the designs you love.
This is your chance! Choose the design you want to see made and make it happen!
Here are the five options (in order of how well they are funded):
- Happy High Waist Skirt – This skirt is one of two I’m debating on. I LOVE the little kick pleats and the idea of a higher waist. I mean, who doesn’t want to prevent muffin top? It’s the same length as my favorite casual wear skirt (the Happy Girl) with a couple of extra inches in the waistband so it hits at your natural waist. The only reason I have not yet funded this one is that I’m super short waisted and a teensy bit worried that the waistband will reach my boobs LOL.
- Cruiser Bike Girl Skirt – This is a return of a favorite skirt from Skirt Sports. This is so cute and all the triathletes and cyclists say it’s awesome. I’m afraid that if I fund this one, Beer Geek will actually make me ride a bike, so that’s probably not going to happen.
- Serendipity Sarong – Like to wear capris, but don’t want to show off your assets too and from class? This is your skirt. I think this is really cute, especially in the Persevere pattern. Of course, the black will go with all of the capris and tights I own…
- No Chub Rub Skirt – With longer compression shorts, this offers a bit more protection than the Happy Girl, without being a full on capri. It’s perfect if you want a bit of shorts showing past your skirt!
- Out and About Dress – This is my other favorite. I own 4 Skirt Sports dresses and I wore them all summer long. So comfy! I love that you can wear a normal bra with this – my girls like the little lift that Vicky gives them, so I miss that in the other Skirt Sport dresses.
Which item do you like? Have you funded it? Jump on it because if you buy now, you get 10% off the price and free shipping. Deadline is October 4, 2016.
The beauty of the Sewing Room is that you don’t pay unless the item is fully funded. And Skirt Sports is a company that’s experienced with bringing new products to the market, so you know that it WILL happen and it will be what you expect.
Disclaimer: I am a Skirt Sports Ambassador, but I don’t get any benefit from telling you about the sewing room, except that the item I like might actually be made (and I’ll be paying the same for it as you will…)
- Funding perks: 10% discount, free shipping (US only), and bragging rights!
- Funding ends October 4, 2016
- Your credit card will be charged on October 4, 2016 if funding goal is met. It will not be charged if the goal is not met.
- No discount codes, coupons, or gift certificates can be used.
- Expected ship date is May 1, 2017
- Sewing Room products must be ordered individually. You can’t have other products in your cart.
- If the aggregate of the two colors of the same product reaches our funding goal but the color you pre-ordered didn’t get funded, then your color will automatically change to the higher funded color.