Today is Friday, right? I’ve been so confused about the day all week because Jones was out of town until Monday night, Shoo did not have his usual soccer practice, and neither boy had school on Wednesday. Somehow it feels like it should be Monday, but I still have three days off. Sweet!
Since it’s the last Friday of the month, it’s time for a little runfession. I’m linking up with Marcia over at Marcia’s Healthy Slice and Friday Five 2.0 with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness.
- I’m trying to meet a goal of 85 miles this month and it’s coming down to the wire. I have 26.9 miles to go. Don’t think it didn’t cross my mind to just run a marathon and get most of it done.
- Beer Geek won his age group at the local turkey trot today – as a woman. Yep, I registered him as a female. Oops. Luckily it was simple to get it fixed and the organization gave out the awards to actual women. (And he did finish 4th in his real age/gender category.)
- I didn’t run the Turkey Trot. Instead I chose to volunteer. No, I wasn’t being nice and helpful. I just don’t like the pain that comes with racing a 5k. Instead, I went out for a 5 mile run afterwards.
- I made my DuClaw sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving dinner. I over cooked the potatoes while boiling, so I couldn’t bake them. In fact, it basically became sweet potato mash with candied walnuts. It was still pretty darn awesome!
- I made an unplanned purchase of some Lularoe leggings a few weeks ago. I really wanted to wear them for Thanksgiving day, so last week I bought a sweatshirt dress from Athleta. I love the outfit so much that I want to buy another pair of tights to wear with the dress. I may be on the slippery slope to hoarder status. But hey, there was plenty of room for my post Thanksgiving dinner food baby in my outfit…
What are your runfessions? Got any Thanksgiving related ones? I might also runfess to eating the carmelized beer sauce with a spoon on Wednesday night…