I confess: I spend a lot of time dreaming of traveling and racing. I love both, but we are in a decidedly not flexible time in our lives. Between the school schedules of a teen and a tween, travel soccer, orchestra, and Beer Geek’s job, it seems like there is never enough time or money to do all the races I want to do. While I’m certainly not wishing my time with my kids away, I do look forward to the day when Beer Geek is retired and we can be more spontaneous about traveling.
And when that day comes, here are the races I want to run…
- Chicago Marathon – I have zero interest in any of the other huge marathons, but I admit that I got some serious FOMO when I started hearing from all of my local and blog friends that they got in. I probably won’t get to run it until we move north to Madison, but this is definitely high on my “someday” list.
- The Boilermaker – this race has been on my bucket list since I started racing. Saranac Beer was my “gateway beer” to craft beer. I loved it so much I named my first cat after it. (My second cat was named after Pete’s Wicked Ale. Ella came with her name, so is not actually named after a beer…)
- Midnight Sun Run in Iceland – this was actually a potential race for this coming summer, but life sometimes gets in the way of plans. This race starts and finishes at geothermal outdoor swimming pools, which runners are welcome to use. Yes, please!
- Angel Fire Half Marathon – Angel Fire, NM is gorgeous! And Beer Geek has family there, so I’d love run this race. Too bad I’ve already race in New Mexico.
- Ragnar Relay So Cal – Now that I’m a Ragnar Ambassador, I feel like it’s my duty to run all the races. OK, really it’s not a requirement at all, but man, wouldn’t it be awesome to run a bunch of different Ragnars? And who could turn down southern California. Bonus: my brother and sister in law live there, so I’d get to visit family. But, oh those hills…