It’s Friday, Fr…Fr…Fr… Friday! Before I get to my list of awesome spring races in the Washington DC area that I plan to run, I have to share about my week. I have never understood how a short week can always seem so much longer than a normal week. Somehow it’s like we try to get as much accomplished with fewer “work” days. My week was supposed to be even more compressed as I was supposed to spend Thursday at Jury Duty, but they contacted us late on Wednesday and said there were no jury cases. Woohoo! Free day!
I called up my massage therapist and she was able to fit me in for a massage. She also did some cupping on me. That was interesting. No, I don’t have big red circles on my back. A cupping massage is different than what you saw at the Olympics, so nothing is bruised. It was, however, surprisingly uncomfortable on the fronts of my legs. Not painful, just uncomfortable. I don’t have any actual injuries or pains right now, so I don’t know if it made a difference in anything, but it was cool to try it out.
Anyways, being as how today is Friday, it’s time for Friday 2.o with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness. Today’s topic is goals/resolutions or other things you are looking forward to in 2017. Since I wrote about my goals on Tuesday, here are five (non-half marathon) spring races that I’m looking forward to this year.
- Love the Run You’re With – This is a 5K that is run every year near Valentine’s Day. It’s really hilly and often crazy cold, but it’s a fun race to run. I may have signed Beer Geek up to run it as a couple. Too bad I’m so slow – we could win the old couples category LOL.
- Four Courts Four Miler – I LOVE this race. I used to run it all the time, but it’s often the same day as RNR DC. This year I got a great deal on it, so I decided to run “local” instead of traipsing into DC. I also signed Beer Geek up for this one because it’s a ton of fun and ends with beer. Who wouldn’t want to run that?
- Marine Corps 17.75 K (hopefully) – This race is crazy hard and often crazy cold and comes with a guaranteed entry to the Marine Corps Marathon. Because of the guaranteed entry, it sells out in minutes. I’ve been lucky the last two years and got in, but who knows how long my luck will hold.
- Ragnar Richmond Trail – I have been wanting to run a Ragnar trail race for a while now and I’ve heard that this one is less technical than some. I’m running with some of my Mad Fox team from Ragnar DC and their spouses. Despite trying to twist his arm to run with me, Beer Geek has chosen to stay home with the kids.
- GW Parkway 10 Miler – I love this race. It’s one of my favorite DC races. I used to be in charge of loading the buses at the Pentagon City location and I’ve run it a few times. I can’t wait to run it again as it’s a beautiful course and I feel like everyone I know is running.
Of course, there will be some half marathons. I’ve run 62 so far and I’d like for ZOOMA Annapolis to be #70, so I need to run 7 half marathons this spring. That’s a pretty low number for me, but I haven’t really thought about which 3 races I need in addition to the Heartland Series races. Worst case, ZOOMA will be 67 LOL.