How is it nearly the end of February? Or really, how is it only February? Why do I ask that? Because I haven’t run in layers in weeks. In fact, yesterday I wore a Happy Girl and a tank top and was too hot. We shall rename 2017 the year without a winter.
So, what do I have to runfess to this month?
- In theory, I’m in training for a 10 mile race at the end of April. In reality, I runfess that I haven’t run a double digit run since Marine Corps Marathon at the end of October. I’ve been running 5-6 days per week and I’ve actually been doing a fair amount of speed work, but I can’t be bothered to run for more than an hour.
- I can’t run the Marine Corps 17.75 this year due to family conflicts. So, I’m getting a code from a friend who is running the race but doesn’t need it. I guess this is where I runfess that I will be running Marine Corps Marathon again in 2017.
- I won a local race contest and got a free entry to a 10k. I runfess that I talked Beer Geek and one of my close friends into running it too.
- I’ve been doing a lot of decluttering lately. I actually have sold some skirts that I wasn’t wearing. I runfess that I only did it because I need more of the new patterns. Seriously I need ALL of the Sidewinder items (affiliate link).
- On Thursday, it was warm enough to wear sandals. I runfess that I was surprised to look down and realize that, not only do I have 10 toenails, none of them are bruised. Which, of course, means it’s time to start doing some longer runs.
I have one more month of playing and then the real races start. I have 1 half marathon and a 10 miler in April and then 7 half marathons between May 5 and June 3. But is anyone really surprised by that???