It’s Thursday. It’s time to Think Out Loud, so I’m linking up with Amanda at Running with Spoons.
- It’s cold here today – 30* this morning. I swear we had spring in February and winter in March. My body can’t seem to keep up with the changes. I have to admit – I’ll be hitting the treadmill later today. (I’m going to blame it on a sick kid and not wanting to leave him rather than admitting to being a wuss. Yeah, that’s the reason.)
- Saturday is the Marine Corps 17.75 race. For the first time since it became the “race to register”, we have a warm temperatures advisory. When I ran it two years ago, I had to wear all.the.layers and last year was a perfect amount of chilly. Luckily, I’m not racing per se. I just want to finish and get my Golden Ticket and register.
- Speaking of registering, the lottery opened yesterday for the Marine Corps Marathon this fall. It used to work that you could enter the lottery and run 17.75 and then give your ticket away. This year, MCM has changed that, but they also changed the 17.75 to allow transfers (that’s how I got in). There are a lot of confused people this year. (If you don’t want to enter the lottery or you don’t get lucky, here are the other options for entering.)
- Skirt Sports came out with some awesome new items this spring. I’ve gotten two so far: the Mod Quad skirt and the Hover Capri. Both are adorable. I have to confess I also have a package that’s supposed to arrive today with a few of the other new items. I will, of course, review them all, but if you don’t want to wait, they have a sale code right now for $10 off of $50 that can be combined with my discount code! Woohoo! Codes you need: SAVE10AMB and 1SSCAPT20.
- I recently got a pair of the new Escalante’s from Altra. I’m so in love! I feel like I’m cheating on my One 2.5’s though. And new Ones are coming out soon. I’m beginning to think I need a bigger house for all the shoes and skirts! #sorrynotsorry
- I have a recipe coming up soon for another DuClaw beer. Yesterday was the first time my co-conspirator and I could get together. Result? Day drinking out of jelly jars. A girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do! Spoiler alert: Sweet Baby Java is a really tasty beer.
- Next week I’m going camping with Shoo to an outdoor laboratory. I did it when Jones was in 5th grade, so I have to go. But with Jones we went in May when it was warm. The way the weather has been here lately, I’m afraid it might snow. Fingers crossed that at least it means no ticks.
I’m ready for March to head out the door. It’s time for a new month and some real spring and a break from school. How ’bout you?