Tomorrow is our 22nd anniversary. Crazy! I apparently was a child bride because I am way too young to have been married that long. (Or not, but I’m firmly in denial.) In our 22 years of marriage, we’ve gone on some amazing trips. I’d probably be willing to do them all over again, but here are five trips we’ve taken outside the US. I’d love to do all of them again.
- Australia – We got to spend time in Sydney and Brisbane. Both were really wonderful. We did a really cool spelunking trip while we were there, complete with headlamps. I’m not sure I’d be brave enough to do that again. We did not get a chance to see the Uluru Rock, so I’d love to go back and see that. And while I’m in that part of the world? I want to go to New Zealand. (And it would be cool to pick up two new international races. Just sayin.) Sadly, I have no picture to share because this was back in the days before digital LOL.
- Belgium – We’ve actually been to Belgium a number of times because Beer Geek has a close friend from there. Our last time there, we had Jones with us. We got to check out things like the local playground, an animal park, and a circus – things we never would have done if we hadn’t been traveling with a child and visiting friends who had children.
- Iceland – We got to spend 3 days in Iceland on the way to Scotland. Three days were definitely not enough to see all the cool things there are to see there. Going back has been high on our list for quite a while now, but it’s a little more challenging now with kid schedules and having to visit during the regular tourist season.
- St. Maarten – This was our very first long trip away from the boys. I’m not usually a beach kind of girl, but it was lovely to relax and enjoy some downtime away from the kids. We have friends who go there every year, so now if I went back, it would mostly be to hang out with friends.
- Ireland – This was our most recent international trip. We took the boys and Beer Geek’s dad and spent two weeks exploring the country. I got to run a half marathon and we got to to meet and visit with some distant cousins. We also got to hike on Skellig Michael – which you may recognize from the recent Star Wars movies.
I’d love to go back to these five places, but really there are so many places out there to see yet! I’m looking forward to our upcoming tour of the Midwest for the Heartland Series and then this summer we are heading to Santa Fe, Chaco Canyon, Four Corners, and the surrounding areas. If only time and money were in infinite supply…
Where would you go if you could go anywhere? Are you the type who goes back to places or is every vacation a new adventure?
I’m linking up for Friday Five 2.0 with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness. This week’s topic was running moms, but since I wrote about that for Tuesdays on the Run, I thought I’d write about something else…