I’m not sure I’m actually ready to leave town, but we are heading out today for the Heartland Series. It’s been a busy week all around, so I’m leaving a lot of things in a state of not quite done. Oh well, that seems to be my life lately.
So, what do I have to runfess to this month?
- I ran an amazing 10 miler in April and followed that with 20 miles at Ragnar Richmond. My longest run since then was 6.7 miles for Chase the Moon. Somehow all of the long runs I planned just never happened.
- I had a goal of having ZOOMA Annapolis be my 70th half marathon. It was my 1st and I liked the round number. I blew it by not running the Frederick Half Marathon. Then, once I knew I wasn’t hitting my goal, I decided to skip Michigan. So, I’m running 5 half marathons in 7 days and Zooma will be half marathon #68. I feel like a slacker.
- I packed my running clothes last night. Then I unpacked them and packed different ones. Then I just threw a bunch of stuff in my suitcase. At this point, it’s anyone’s guess what I’ll actually show up in at the start line. Don’t worry though – the beer tanks are packed.
- I also packed multiple pairs of shoes. Apparently I wasn’t kidding about packing all.the.things.
- My last race of this series will be Iowa, which starts at 5am. But Mainly Marathons offers an early start at their races which I plan to take at that race. Yes, I will start running at 4am. Maybe I’ll just stay up all night and pretend it’s Ragnar.
And… I’m off. Fingers crossed that I manage some posts while we are on the road. If not, I’m sure I’ll be back with some fun stories.
I’m linking up with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness for Friday 2.0 and Marcia’s Healthy Slice for Runfessions. And the winner of my ZOOMA giveaway? Lacey from Fairytales and Fitness. What a fun coincidence! Lacey, email me at mcmmamaruns at gmail.com and we’ll get you your free race.