A few months ago, I joined up with two other mamas to start a fun link up called Tuesdays on the Run. It’s a fun little link up and it acts as my “reader” each week. Yes, I have to admit, ever since the Google reader went away, I haven’t found a reader I love. This means I rely heavily on comments on posts and links to our link up to keep in touch with the blogs I love.
I realized last week that I’ve never really talked about the link up, so here’s some info for you. Please join us!
Erika AKA MCM Mama – You all know me. I’m the crazy mom of two boys who likes good beers and half marathons. I’ll travel to a race anytime the budget and the husband allow. Thankfully, my husband loves to travel, so if I can come up with something cool he can see along the way, he’s in. I work part-time for a marketing company and occasionally for the local library as a substitute reference librarian. I live in a tiny house in a cool location near the nation’s capital. If I won the lottery, you know we’d be buying an RV and spend all our time driving around the country, with me running races and Beer Geek finding new breweries and weird geography things….
Patty from My No Guilt Life – Patty is a 40 year-old mother of four. All those kids means she’s a busy gal. Patty’s searching for the perfect way to balance family, work, and fitness. Perfect defined as high on fun, low on guilt. She’s a runner & blogger married to a (mostly) perfect guy. She’s learning to love running one step at a time. It’s not working. But runDisney helps. A lot.
April from Run the Great Wide Somewhere – April is the mom of a preschooler and a teenager, a wife, a CPA and a runner. She took up distance running to rediscover herself and to find the confidence, strength and fitness so she don’t spend one more day sitting on the sidelines. She’s sweated 50 pounds off already and has 40 more to go. She’s a Disney race fan and currently an ambassador to the Asheville Marathon.
Most weeks we will offer up a topic for people to write about. You are by no means required to write about the topic. We just ask that you link up a running related post if you are not writing about the topic. I have been trying to get better about announcing the topic early and including it on my link up info page(we have a spreadsheet, it’s not like I don’t know what’s coming up), but lately, it’s a been a twitter thing. You’ll see a tweet or two from me on Sunday and Monday with #TuesdaysontheRun. Don’t follow me on twitter? You should! @mcmmama
Next week’s topic: Favorite Race Distance – write a post about what your favorite distance to race is and come link up!
Tips for linking up!
- Use our topic if you have writer’s block or like the topic, but we are happy to have you link up any running related post!
- Link up on Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday or… That’s right, the link stays open for a few days. It’s ok to link up late as long as your post or blog includes a link back to one or more of us.
- Link up an older post if you like, especially if it’s on the topic. That’s right, you can breathe some life into something you wrote in the past. Again, all we ask is that you add in a link back to us or put a link to Tuesdays on the run on your sidebar.
- Check out a blog or two on the link up. You might “meet” someone one you’ve never met before and love their blog. I do my best to hit every single blog that links up. I’m having some technical difficulties with commenting on some blogs and it may take me all week to get to you, but I do my best.
- Have fun! We want this to be something you look forward to each week! I know I do.
We are looking for a reader suggested topic!
As I mentioned, we have a spreadsheet of topics, but we’d love to hear what you all would like to talk about. You can leave a comment here or reach out to me on twitter. We will be using the first one on October 7th and will use any other good ones down the road. If we use your topic, you’ll get a shout out on the link up!
Got any more questions? Feel free to drop a comment or send me an email at mcmmamaruns at gmail.com. Otherwise, we look forward to seeing you on Tuesday!