Some things you may or may not know about me:
- I don’t like exercise, unless it’s running
- I am not an evening exerciser. If things don’t happen before dinner, the likelihood of me doing anything is somewhere between slim and none.
- I’m 42 (GAH!) and as much as I don’t enjoy strength exercises, I need to do them.
Yesterday was one of those days where I not only had a lot to get done, I needed to do some of it not sweaty. (OK, as hot as it got, I was still sweaty. But I was clean under it. LOL) So, instead of running and then immediately doing the strength workout for Best Body Boot Camp like I have been, I ran and then jumped in the shower. I spent the day working, meeting friends for lunch, and meeting my boss for our monthly budget discussion. Then I picked up the kids, took Jones to cello lessons, made dinner, helped with homework…
Suddenly, it was 7:00pm and I hadn’t done my weight workout. My usual response to that? Tomorrow is another day.
In a shocking turn of events, last night I actually went down to the basement and DID MY WORKOUT! Really.
I can’t remember the last time I actually managed that. This may not seem like a big deal, but it’s huge for me!
So, yeah, I’m kind of proud of myself.
And it wouldn’t be Thursday without three things!
1. I am running a half marathon this weekend with three of my favorite running bloggers: T, G, and K. Running another half marathon means another medal. Another medal means my medal rack is pretty much overloaded.
Dad, time to design me another one! LOL
2. It’s really warm here. Like summer warm. Know what happens when it warms up? Crickets chirp. All 40 or so that I bought for Epic are chirping. You know how that one cricket chirping at night can drive you crazy? Multiply that times 40. OMG!
3. Things are starting to heat up (no pun intended) with the Nike Women Half Marathon. I can’t believe it’s almost here! I think I’m almost as excited to work the race as many of the runners will be to run it! (And my role will be done by the time the runners’ toes hit the start line, so I’ll be sleeping the sleep of the exhausted while they are all running.) We still have a few slots for volunteers. Let me know if you’d like to volunteer and I can hook you up!