Yesterday turned out to be a glorious spring day. It started off rainy (and I started off whiny), but then the sun came out an it actually got warm. So warm, in fact, that I was overdressed for my run and I opened the windows when I got home.
Today it is 44* and rainy (Yay for that outdoor field trip to Mount Vernon!). Tomorrow at the start line for 17.75 it will be a “feels like” of 25*. Seriously, Mother Nature, get back on your meds.
So, I’m having a hard time coming up with 5 spring foods I’d like to eat, as I’m still in comfort food mode from the weather and eat.all.the.things mode from all the running. Speaking of running, did I mention that I successfully completed 20 and 12 back to back? I ran out of time for the last 3 miles thanks to the furnace, but I ran both runs with an average pace of 11:05. And my legs are tired today, but really no other issues.
To get in the mood for spring, here are 5 things I’m looking forward to this spring:
1. A trip out to see my parents, which includes 2 days in Chicago. I’d love to run on the lakefront with my dad, but I’m not sure we’ll have time.
2. This girl! It feels like forever since I saw her last August, so I can’t wait to run with her. (Ok, a lot slower than her. She’s doing two half marathons and I’m doing 2 fulls. Hope she doesn’t mind waiting LOL.)
3. A trip to Cape Cod and then a party with close friends with this guy to celebrate our 20th anniversary.
I can’t believe it’s been almost 20 years. I was obviously a child bride because there is no way I’m old enough to have been married that long.
4. Cape Cod Ragnar. Yes, my husband is so awesome that he agreed to me running (literally) away for 2 days to do Ragnar in the middle of our anniversary trip.
5. Savor. I love this event every year. We’ve been to every one in DC since the very first and always have a good time.
Happy Friday, folks! Is this the beginning of your spring break? What fun stuff are you doing?