#Runchat has challenged bloggers to come up with a list of 10 things we love about running. They are a doing a giveaway related to it, but I just love the idea of reminding myself why I love running.
So, here are the 10 things that I love about running…
1. That it’s mine. All mine. And I don’t have to share it with anyone. Unless I want to.
2. That moment when running feels effortless and I feel like I can run forever.
3. The feeling of accomplishment when I hit my goal paces or leave it all on the course.
4. That it’s something I share with my dad, even if he can still leave me in the dust.
5. Feeling part of a huge network of people, even though I run mostly by myself.
6. Silence. That beautiful sound of no one calling for mommy.
7. That at age 41 I’m the same size as I was many years and two children ago.
8. The resulting peace and calm I feel, even after a less than stellar run.
9. That I frequently run more miles than I drive.
10. That it’s always there waiting for me when I need it.
Happy Valentines Day! Beer Geek and I decided long ago that we’d rather focus on regular maintenance of our relationship than on one special day, so there won’t be any flowers or candy here (although I wouldn’t be upset if he walked in with a new Garmin for me LOL). Instead, I’ll be heading out with my other love (running) sometime this afternoon to reaffirm our relationship.
15 thoughts on “10 Things I love about running”
love your list! and Sparkly Soul too!
well put! i am sure #6 is extra nice some days 🙂
Yesss that feeling of accomplishment when you reach your goal. WIN!
i think it’s SO awesome that you usually run more miles than you drive! how many people can say that?!
Love reading everyone’s running lists!
great list. I ESPECIALLY love number one. I always enjoy something I don’t have to share 😉
Numbers 1, 4 and 6 are my favorites here! Nice list.
1, 8, 10 yes yes yes! Happy valentine’s day!
That is a great # 1!
Great reasons all of them. I love running 🙂
Great list! I love that you run with your dad!
I love that you aren’t the needy woman who needs girly princessy presents on special days. You are my kind of awesome woman. Must be a runner thing.
oooh see? I NEED TO FOCUS ON THE SILENCE!
Great list, but because of #7 , I don’t like you anymore. 😉
Love this list!! I love running, too!