Looking for the perfect gift for the Mother Runner in your life? I’m a huge fan of experiences over things (despite my obvious addiction to Skirt Sports LOL), so here’s what I’d love to receive.
- A race entry – Spring is race season. Give that special mom in your life a race entry of her favorite distance. Bonus points if you handle the kids before the race and meet her afterwards and take her to brunch.
- A night in a hotel – by herself – the night before a race. Do I even need to explain this one???
- A day at a spa- After a long race or a long training season, or heck even a long night with a crabby kid, every mom needs a little me time and what better way to get it than in a place that pampers you??
- A training program – If the mom in your life has some goals, whether it be to get faster, run farther, or just have some accountability, buy her a training program. There are many available through online resources, or in person at various running stores, or even through the Another Mother website. Lots of options to allow you to find the perfect setup for the running mom in your life.
- A race cation – Feel like splurging? Take your mother runner on a trip. Pick a race in a location you want to visit. Not only do you get to visit a cool locale, she gets some exercise and maybe even a little bit of bling.
In a week, Beer Geek and I are leaving on a week long racecation while my parents and nephew spend the week with the kids. I’m undertrained for the racing part, but I’m excited about the break. We’ve had a pretty intense spring and it’s going to be awesome to take a short break from all of the chaos and stress. Even if I walk more than I’d like, I’ll be finishing the week with 7 new states in my quest to run a half marathon in every state!