Looking for the perfect gift for the Mother Runner in your life? I’m a huge fan of experiences over things (despite my obvious addiction to Skirt Sports LOL), so here’s what I’d love to receive.
- A race entry – Spring is race season. Give that special mom in your life a race entry of her favorite distance. Bonus points if you handle the kids before the race and meet her afterwards and take her to brunch.
- A night in a hotel – by herself – the night before a race. Do I even need to explain this one???
- A day at a spa- After a long race or a long training season, or heck even a long night with a crabby kid, every mom needs a little me time and what better way to get it than in a place that pampers you??
- A training program – If the mom in your life has some goals, whether it be to get faster, run farther, or just have some accountability, buy her a training program. There are many available through online resources, or in person at various running stores, or even through the Another Mother website. Lots of options to allow you to find the perfect setup for the running mom in your life.
- A race cation – Feel like splurging? Take your mother runner on a trip. Pick a race in a location you want to visit. Not only do you get to visit a cool locale, she gets some exercise and maybe even a little bit of bling.
In a week, Beer Geek and I are leaving on a week long racecation while my parents and nephew spend the week with the kids. I’m undertrained for the racing part, but I’m excited about the break. We’ve had a pretty intense spring and it’s going to be awesome to take a short break from all of the chaos and stress. Even if I walk more than I’d like, I’ll be finishing the week with 7 new states in my quest to run a half marathon in every state!
Today, I’m linking up for my usual Friday Five with Courtney, Mar, and Cynthia. Stop by and see what everyone else is up to!
9 thoughts on “5 Gifts for the Mother Runner in your Life”
These are great gift ideas! Gift cards to a running store, massage, or pedicure would be good too.
I am not a Mom but I would love any of these gifts. Spa day, sign me up!
I’m going to find the hotel for the Oakland marathon and leave a little note with that information on the husbands nightstand 🙂
I just got back from my racecation and it was amazing! Best trip ever, really. I hope you have fun on yours!
yes to all of those! Staying at a hotel the night before is a nice treat for sure. Spa days are always appreciated around here! Happy Mother’s Day
Great gift ideas… for any runner in your life 🙂
Yes to all of these, especially the spa day. Oh how I could go for one right now!
seven more states to check off. these series are really a must do for a 50-stater! hope you have the best time!
Yes, yes and oh yes! Would love all these things! Although I have done a night in a hotel before a race by myself and it’s glorious.