Have you heard the news? ZOOMA is going to Bermuda! Mark your calendar for President’s Day weekend 2020.
Here are the top 5 reasons you should join us…
- It’s a ZOOMA race. All ZOOMA races are women focused weekends. ZOOMA hosts a race (and often challenges with extra races and medals) surrounded by an awesome finish line party and events like yoga. Bermuda will have all that ZOOMA races normally offer and more! And I can guarantee that the medal(s) will be awesome!
- The weather! The average temp in Bermuda in February is in the 70s. I don’t know about where you live, but in February, Virginia is miserable. It’s cold and grey and just plain unpleasant. Someplace sunny and warm? Sign me up!
- Beaches and Forts and Lighthouses. (And caves and marshes and trails.) Whether you want to relax or hike or scuba dive or explore, Bermuda has options for everyone. It might even be the right time to go whale watching. In fact, the hardest part will be narrowing down your choices to the amount of time you have to spend.
- The food. As I was researching what to do in Bermuda, restaurant after restaurant came up as suggested places to eat. You could seriously spend your entire time on the island doing nothing but restaurant hopping and still not hit them all. Additionally, it will be spiny lobster season when the race occurs. What can beat a post race treat of incredibly fresh seafood???
- You can join me for a run or a beer (or both)! That’s right, I’ll be heading there as part of the ZOOMA crew. I’ll be running the race as my 3rd international half marathon! And of course, Beer Geek and I will be checking out the local brewpub (and hopefully the local brewery), as well as the lighthouses.