- Towards the middle of the week, I was so tired of the whole Snowzilla thing, that I went outside and shoveled snow that didn’t have to be moved. I figured it was better than sitting inside being mad that my street hadn’t been plowed.
- Speaking of not being plowed, by Tuesday I could have gotten out if I’d really wanted to, even though we had not been plowed. Plenty of big 4wd SUVs had gotten out and we live only our yard’s length from a main road. I just didn’t have any place I needed to be.
- On Sunday evening when Beer Geek wanted to walk out for dinner, I realized I hadn’t showered since either Thursday night or Friday morning. It’s probably not a good sign when you can’t remember your last shower.
- When I went for a run on Wednesday, I could have done my whole run on bare pavement – I might have had to repeat the route a time or two to get in 3 miles, but I could have done it. Instead I ran on a bunch of unplowed roads so I could feel badass about my running.
- I slept in every morning, drank too much coffee, wore my pajamas for large parts of the day, and the only workouts I did were shoveling and two short runs. I have never been so ready for the return to routine in my life. And my kids don’t go back to school until Tuesday.
I’m linking up with the lovely ladies of the DC Trifecta (Courtney, Mar, and Cynthia) for the Friday Five and Marcia for Runfessions.