This week has pretty much chewed me up and spit me out. I’m so glad to have actually survived until Friday, mostly with my sanity intact. It was one of those weeks where we were all going in too many different directions. It was one of those weeks where my runs did not follow my plan at all. I was running purely for stress relief or, as I said on Facebook, running was my version of “put your oxygen mask on first before helping others.” On the bright side, we’ve survived the week and Beer Geek and I have a race tomorrow. If you are local, you should join us.
- Guinness after the race – I’m not going to lie – it’s a great race but the absolute highpoint of running it is a Guinness at 10am.
- Wicked fast downhill start – Nevermind that it’s an out and back. Yes, that does mean you have to run back up the hill.
- The Leprechaun – If you beat him, you get swag. He starts 10 minutes after everyone and usually passes about half of the runners. When I used to be faster, I usually finished right when he did. This year Beer Geek has to get us the swag.
- Another race with Beer Geek – It’s so much fun to have company at my races. I usually know a few people at any race I run, thanks to so many connections within the running community. But it’s super fun to have him with me. (And probably a good thing he didn’t start running until the boys were old enough to stay home alone.)
- Guinness – Oh wait, I mentioned that, didn’t I? OK, then, free pictures. Like all of the Pacers’, this one includes complementary photos and a free photo booth!
Bonus: Want to know what I don’t love about this race? Mother Nature. I raced in layers last weekend, I ran in a tank top yesterday, and it’s going to be cold and windy for the race. I don’t mind cold weather, I’m just pretty much over the bipolar weather we’ve been having. 40+ degree weather changes are not my thing.
I have no goals for this race, except to run most of the uphill finish. I just want to get some exercise in before our crazy day begins. After the race, I’m hosting 12 people for a beer and food pairing dinner with some of our favorite Virginia beers.