I’ve been warned that I will spend a lot of time in the water at Goshen. It’s right by a lake + one of the day hikes is to a river. Read: I need a suit that will cover me appropriately AND stay on while hiking, canoeing, swimming, whatever. Thanks to a bit of stockpiling of Gap Rewards points, I was able to solve my problem quite nicely. And the fact that I’m actually going to show you pictures of me in the suits tells you just how awesome these suits are. (Note: I have not actually swum in any yet. I’ll be working on that next week.)
From left to right, the tops are: the Point Break Shoreside tankini, the Dragonfly Racer Tankini, and the Solid Bra Cup Twistini Tankini. The bottoms are: the Oceanside Short, the Gotta Have It Run Short, and the Hana Run Short. All the bottoms have a built in brief, so we’ll see how they work as swim bottoms…
What I love:
- All the suits pieces mix and match without being matchy matchy.
- Two of the bottoms are actually running shorts, so I’m hoping they’ll do some double duty for me.
- The shorts have drawstrings, so I can tie them tightly when swimming, but wear them a bit lower when running.
- Two of the three tops have adjustable straps, which will hopefully guarantee tops that stay put.
- The bottoms give me extra coverage, without looking dowdy. (Do NOT disillusion me LOL).
Which suit do you like best?
Wanna know what’s hazardous to my credit card really cool? Athleta is opening in Reston on June 13th and in Tysons in mid-July. I don’t drive into DC, so getting to Georgetown involves finding a partner in crime. Athleta supports Girls on the Run and is planning to make a donation to the local chapter – which just happens to be the organization that I volunteer with twice a year. Just one more reason to like them.
Need more deets?
The store will open its doors at 9am on June 13th.
Store hours: Mon-Sat 10am -9pm
Sun 12pm – 6 pm.
Reston Town Center
11900 Market Street
Reston, VA 20190
(Disclaimer: Atleta asked me to mention their new store. I received no compensation and, in fact, spent a pretty penny at their Georgetown store. All opinions are my own.)