The lovely ladies at Another Mother Runner came up with a great group of questions for us all to answer. Have you answered? No? Well, get on it.
1. Best run ever:
I have a lot of good runs every fall. I can’t say that any one run stands out. When it comes to races though, there are a few. One of my best came in the middle of taper for my second marathon. My legs were feeling fresh and a 9:15 pace felt like a good easy pace (gosh, I miss that) until I reached the end and couldn’t resist “chic’ing” two poor guys. Yeah, that pretty much rocked LOL.
2. Three words that describe my running: Sanity, silence, necessary
3. My go-to running outfit is:whatever is clean in the drawer. I’m starting to love racing in Skirt Sports Happy Girl skirts, but when I’m just running, I grab a pair of shorts, a tech tee from a race, and whatever running bra is on top and go. (And I very seldom match. The height of fashion, I am not.)
4. Quirky habit while running: I’m not sure I have one… I have plenty of quirky habits, just not sure I have one that’s running related.
5. Morning, midday, evening: Most of my running takes place between the hours of 9 and 2:30 (can you tell I have school aged kids? LOL), but I’ll run at whatever time it takes to get a run in. Of course, 8am is my definition of early morning.
6. I won’t run outside when it’s: Dark or there’s lightning. I’ve run on snow and ice, I’ve run in pouring rain, I’ve run in 100+ degree weather, but I draw the line at a storm that includes lightning. (And running in the dark is the number 1 reason I have yet to do a relay…)
7. Worst injury—and how I got over it: Somehow I tweaked the tendon that goes across the top of my foot at my last half marathon. While it wasn’t my longest lasting injury, it was definitely the worst – I could barely walk, much less run. I used KT Tape and iced it several times a day for a few days and that seemed to resolve the issue.
8. I felt most like a badass mother runner when: I ran the Blue Ridge Half Marathon in Vibram Five Fingers. Yeah, I had to pull out my inner tough girl that day.
9. Next race is: Clarendon Day 10k. I’m supposed to run the 5k, run back up the hill, and then run the 10K, but I just don’t have it in me, so I’ll just be doing the 10K. I love this race and run it every year. It may also be my last race this year.
10. Potential running goal for 2013: 5 half marathons in 5 days in 5 states. (I know it’s all I talk about.) Plane tickets are purchased for Beer Geek and I to go to the races, for my mom to watch the boys, and for an eventual end in Wisconsin for Spring Break (while poor Beer Geek heads back to the office.) Those races will push me past the halfway point in my 50 states goal!
Just look how awesome my map is going to look by next spring!