Long time readers have probably guessed from the title that the boys and I are on our annual pilgrimage to the homeland AKA smalltown Wisconsin. The boys actually came straight here with my parents from Kentucky, while I flew in on Thursday.
Since no August visit to Wisconsin is not complete without a trip to the state fair, we went straight there from the airport.
- You could get any food imaginable on a stick. Seriously.
- You could also get good craft beer. Yay!
- My city boys got to see a ton of animals.
- There are tractors nearly as big as my house!
- The rides were a blast.
- No one hurled. Not even me (remember that hangover I mentioned?)
- The people watching was amazing. (Pretty sure all the people of Walmart were there.)
Since then, we’ve had a family reunion/picnic, gone fishing (Papa’s pants were the only thing they caught), and generally hung out with my parents. The weather has been amazing – low to mid 70s with low humidity, so guess what I did? Yep, I went for a run. I still haven’t figured out how I did an out and back and it was uphill both ways LOL, but at least the weather was perfect.
And, because the weather is perfect for running, it’s been a bit cool for swimming. But that’s not bothering Shoo…