- Run at least three half marathons, with the eventual goal of a sub-2 hour half. All done, with two of them at sub-2. I was even able to join the Half Fanatics because two of them were on consecutive weekends. Revised goal: Beat 1:30 at the Army 10 miler in October. I missed this goal by 49 seconds. I’m ok with that and it taught me a very important lesson – “Run your own race”.
- Run races in at least three new states (but I’m aiming for 5).
Blew this one away. Delaware, Florida, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Maine, and Illinois this year.
- Workout five times a week. Umm, sort of managed this one. I ran 4 or 5 times every week and walked at least 4 days a week. Part of the year I took an exercise class, but the latter part of the year was just running and walking.
- Stop stressing about my weight and start lifting weights. This would be my one major failure. I just have not found a toning/lifting routine that works for me. Not sure how to motivate myself in this area.
- Run at least 8-10 races this year. Done – 13 races in 2009. I had one more planned, but swine flu shot down that idea. That’s ok, though, because 13 is my lucky number.