This week has been a bit of a rough one. Circumstances beyond my control have prevented me from having a convenient time to run or go to the gym and my own emotional struggles have kept me from putting myself first. I did manage to run on Wednesday with a group of friends and I’m working in my running clothes today and WILL find at least 20 minutes to get out for a short run. (If nothing else, I need the endorphins.) But while I’ve been stuck waiting for things, I’ve been thinking about all the cool workout options I’d love to explore in the DC area to get some cross training back in my life.
- Orange Theory – This combination treadmill, indoor rowing, and weight class keeps you in a target heart rate to torch calories during the workout and then continue to burn calories at a higher level after the class. Extra burn? Yes, please.
- Solidcore – This is another calorie torching workout – it uses small, controlled movements to take your muscles to failure. With a small class size, this intense workout will have give you an effective, body challenging workout in a short amount of time.
- Soulcycle – I love cycle/spin classes. I find them way more challenging than going for a run, so I probably ought to do them more often. I’ve done Revolve and the class at Gold’s, but I’ve heard amazing things about Soulcycle, so I’d really like to give it a try.
- Kettlebell at Functional Fitness – I’ve worked out with Kettlebells a few times with my trainer and I really like it, so I’d love to learn some more moves. I’ve been to events at Functional Fitness and I know that they are runner friendly so will help me strengthen my body in a way to support my running habit.
- TRX at LavaBarre – I’ve used the TRX system at the gym a few times and I’m completely enamored of it. LavaBarre opened last spring and they offer a combined barre (which I love to hate) and TRX class that I’d love to try.
Hmm, guess what I really want right now is some classes to help strengthen my runner’s body to help me prevent injury and become a stronger runner. I should probably get on that now.