I rock at juggling things. I’m really good at multi-tasking. I may not get things done early, but I don’t miss deadlines.
But I’ve decided it’s time to set some balls down and prioritize my energy.
What I’m setting aside:
- Training – I had planned to start actively training for my fall half marathons by this point. I do still plan to start slowly increasing my miles and continue to cross train, but I’m not going to be tied to a plan. In fact, I’m only loosely tied to which half marathons I’m running this fall. I still hope to hit 13 halves in 13, but if some of those have to be virtual, that’s ok. Races are not important in the grand scheme of things.
- Fifty races goal – I ran 5 new states this year. As of right now, I’m not planning to run any other new states in 2013. Don’t worry, I’ve already got 5 planned for 2014 LOL.
- New car buying – I’m finding this to be incredibly stressful. This is the third time I’ve been responsible for choosing, negotiating, and buying a car. I’m feeling pressured (by me, not by anyone else) to make a decision when none of my options are thrilling me. In order to avoid making a decision in the next few weeks, I need to put some $$ into my current car. This option is looking better and better.
- Planning my “job” search – I want a play job, one where I spend my time surrounded by people, possibly helping them in some way. I’ve considered the running store, one of the fitness centers, the library (my actual profession LOL), etc. I’m going to let this sit for a few weeks.
What I’ll be focusing on:
- Repairing my house – I have a meeting in a couple of days with the insurance adjuster. I need to spend the next few days figuring out what things need replacing in addition to the floor and ceiling repair. After that, I’ll be wrapped up in hiring contractors and getting things done. Note to self: never suggest to the universe that you are looking for a project. Just sayin’.
- Working my actual job – despite the chaos that was my summer, I did a pretty good job of staying on top of my job. I still need to focus better. I’m WAY outside of my comfort zone on a project right now, so a lot of my mental energy will need to be focused on that.
So what does that mean to you? My blog will be a whole lot more “mom trying to balance fitness and life” and a whole lot less “watch me run all these races and gather more states” for the immediate future. Hope you’ll still stick around.
And if you need me? I’ll be off washing every article of clothing in the house while trying to figure out how to make my couch not smell like a campfire…