I was a lucky recipient of the Beautiful Blogger award from Lizard Runs, a local running blogger that I recently found. Thanks! I’m supposed to list 7 random things about me and then tag 7 bloggers, so here goes:
- In high school, I “lettered” for being the track team manager and also for being the President of the Debate Team. Academic letters and athletic letters were different designs. Guess which one I put on my letter jacket. ;o)
- I met Beer Geek when I was 20 years old at a fraternity house. He was an alum and I was dating one of the active brothers. It took me four years to figure out he was “the one”, but I’ve now known him half my life and been married to him for almost 15 years.
- We got married in Nebraska, had our reception in Virginia, and honeymooned in Alaska. We then lived apart for four months while I finished my masters degree.
- Until our current house, I’d never lived anywhere longer than 3 years. I tend to get antsy now every few years and go looking for something big to do. The result of this “antsiness”? Jones, Shoo, and my first marathon.
- I can’t put a book down if there are less than 100 pages left to read, no matter what time it is.
- One of the things I love best about running long distances is that I can eat a peanut butter and honey sandwich and drink a glass of chocolate milk and call it “fueling.”
- I REALLY love good beer and have a small stash of beers that I don’t even like sharing with Beer Geek (although usually I will.)
- Lisa at Chasin’ Bunnies
- Christie at Cooking to Run and Running to Cook
- Heather at Junk Miles
- Michelle at Let’s Roll Mama
- Berry Girl at Berry Bloggerific
- Badgergirl at Adventures of Badgergirl
- Lisa at Discovering the Meaning of Stonehenge