I’ve been running regularly for about 13 years now. I started when my teen was just a baby. When I first started, I only owned a couple of tech t-shirts, some compression shorts, and a random pair of running shoes that was on sale. I ran like that for more than four years. When I ran my first race, I wore a pair of men’s running tights because that’s all I could find at the last minute for an unexpectedly cold race.
I’ve come a long way since then!
In fact, I’m wearing four of the brands I love in this picture! (This post contains affiliate links.)
1. Skirt Sports – I’ve loved Skirt Sports from the moment I put on my first Happy Girl skirt. I went instantly from a “I don’t like skirts” girl to a convert. Boom! Since then, my love affair with the skirt has only deepened. I own skirt capris, skirt tights, more Happy Girl skirts than I’m willing to admit. (Shh, I even own a pair of shorts from Skirt Sports.) But more than just loving the way the skirts look on me, I love the way the company is so supportive of women runners. From their Kick Start program, to the 261 Fearless line and virtual race, to a new concept that you may have seen me hashtag a few times #realwomenmove, Skirt Sports is a company I respect. Add in some of the most useful pockets you can find and gorgeous designs and I’m sold. (Yes, I am an Ambassador, but I was an enthusiast long before that. Use code SSMCM20 for 20% off!)
2. Altra Running shoes – Once upon a time, I converted to minimalist shoes. And I hurt myself. As I was coming back from injury, I found myself unable to run in truly minimal shoes, but uncomfortable back in my usual traditional running shoes. I was sent a pair of the Altra Intuition 1.5 to review and found the perfect shoe for me. Zero Drop, but cushioned. I ran 17 half marathons last year in the three pairs I ended up getting. This year, when it came time to train, I needed a new shoe. I’ve recently gotten the Intuition 3 and the One (2). They are AMAZING. I swear I feel like I’m running on clouds when I wear the One(2). (Review coming soon.)
3. Feetures socks – I love thin socks and these are awesome. I have many many pairs. I had the opportunity to try both the wool and the compression socks this winter and I loved them. I will do a full review next week (and may just offer a couple of new pairs from my stash in a giveaway.)
4. Garmin – I tried to love the Bia. I really did. But I ended up jumping ship LONG before they went under. I replaced the Bia with a Garmin 220 and it was the best decision. I actually used it for both 18 milers, a 3 mile, a 5 mile, and a 4 mile run last week – all without recharging it. Seriously, the battery on this thing is ridiculous!
5. Nuun – I have a hard time drinking water unless I’m way overheated or the water is super cold (or fizzy, but that’s hard to run with LOL). Enter Nuun. I love the little bit of flavor it adds and the electrolytes are awesome on a hot day. I may have just ordered 3 new boxes (AKA 12! tubes) to get me through the next few months.
There you have it. The five brands that are supporting me through my crazy adventures. Running would definitely not be the same without them.
[Tweet “Thank you to @skirtsports @nuunhydration @altrarunning @garmin @feetures for getting me to the marathon start line!”]
What brands make all the difference for your running???