January was a rough month. The weather was mostly awful, with a few days of beautiful thrown in. My kids had days off and delays and snow days and holidays… I seriously felt like they were with me more than at school this month. It’s not that I don’t love my children, but I get a lot less done when they are around. Quite happy to be closing the door on this month!
January in Five Pictures
1. It snowed. Not a lot at any one time, but often enough to mess with the streets and delay or close schools. I had a very blonde moment when I couldn’t figure out how to put my Honda Pilot into 4WD. Turns out it does it on its own…
2. I ran a lot of miles on the treadmill. In fact, this was my highest number of miles on the treadmill in one month EVER – 36.5 miles!
3. When it wasn’t frigid cold, I strapped on my yaktrax (Yaktrax review here) and got the heck outside. Virginia roads are kind of awful for running, with or without yak trax, whenever winter precipitation happens, so there was a whole lot of running in circles.
4. Ella has settled in well with our family. She is currently driving me crazy with her need to climb. She knocks stuff off of shelves, stalks the gecko, and climbs into the chimney. We’ve been using the spray bottle method to try to break some bad habits and, so far, it stops her for all of 30 second and then she’s right back at it. It’s worse than having a three year old!
5. I’ve worn my Sugoi running jacket nearly every day this month. Despite washing it, it’s reaching the point where you can smell me coming. Time to invest in a sports wash detergent again!
Five awesome things that happened in January
1. I got chosen to be an ambassador for Zooma Annapolis and got a discount code for all of you!
2. I got hired to be a substitute librarian for a local library. I’m really looking forward to getting back into that world.
3. I managed to squeeze in 10 mile and a 13.1 mile runs on the two decent days in January! Since I’ve decided my calves and quads need a rest day, that means I ran 144 miles in January.
4. We had our annual Holiday Beer Tasting. It was good.
5. I finally made homemade chicken nuggets and my kids like them better than store bought. Ok, this is a mixed blessing as I haven’t figured out how to freeze and reheat in a way that keeps them edible, so it’s no longer a convenient meal.
Five Best Posts This Month
How was your January? Did the freaky weather mess with your plans too?