1. I made a spreadsheet to pack for our trip. Said spreadsheet had five sheets. Each sheet had a list of things to pack in a particular category: running stuff, my stuff, Beer Geek’s stuff, food, random stuff. I checked things off as I packed them and highlighted things that needed to be packed at the last minute.
I still forgot to pack my pillow. Because I forgot to put it on the list.
2. Today I get to see Kim! It’s amazing that someone I’ve only met IRL three times (ok, one of those we were together for quite a few hours for a girls’ weekend) can be someone I consider a close friend. I’m excited about the Riverboat Series for a lot of reasons, but meeting up with her is definitely at the top!
3. This series of five half marathons in five days will help me hit some big milestones: races in 30 states, 25 lifetime half marathons, and the halfway point on my quest for Venus.
4. On the drive, Beer Geek and I got talking about other races to run in the future. He’s totally behind me running Hatfield and McCoy because it crosses borders. He also likes the race that crosses to Canada and back and the Impossible 5K that has you running through a time change and finishing before you started. You all thought my adventures were my idea. Nope, I’m just the runner, he’s the evil mind behind it all.
5. I recently saw my pictures from the C’ville half. I swear in every single picture both feet were on the ground. How the heck did I run it if my feet never left the ground????
24 hours until run time!!! My goals? Have fun, don’t get injured, and try to run faster than last year. But I’ll be happy with just the first two.
The RoadID giveaway is still waiting for YOUR entry!!!