1. I made a spreadsheet to pack for our trip. Said spreadsheet had five sheets. Each sheet had a list of things to pack in a particular category: running stuff, my stuff, Beer Geek’s stuff, food, random stuff. I checked things off as I packed them and highlighted things that needed to be packed at the last minute.
I still forgot to pack my pillow. Because I forgot to put it on the list.
2. Today I get to see Kim! It’s amazing that someone I’ve only met IRL three times (ok, one of those we were together for quite a few hours for a girls’ weekend) can be someone I consider a close friend. I’m excited about the Riverboat Series for a lot of reasons, but meeting up with her is definitely at the top!
3. This series of five half marathons in five days will help me hit some big milestones: races in 30 states, 25 lifetime half marathons, and the halfway point on my quest for Venus.
4. On the drive, Beer Geek and I got talking about other races to run in the future. He’s totally behind me running Hatfield and McCoy because it crosses borders. He also likes the race that crosses to Canada and back and the Impossible 5K that has you running through a time change and finishing before you started. You all thought my adventures were my idea. Nope, I’m just the runner, he’s the evil mind behind it all.
5. I recently saw my pictures from the C’ville half. I swear in every single picture both feet were on the ground. How the heck did I run it if my feet never left the ground????
24 hours until run time!!! My goals? Have fun, don’t get injured, and try to run faster than last year. But I’ll be happy with just the first two.
The RoadID giveaway is still waiting for YOUR entry!!!
24 thoughts on “Five for Friday: Random Edition”
Have a safe journey and good luck!!
Sorry about your pillow! Have a great trip!
Good luck!! So excited for you and can’t wait to hear all about it!!
Good luck with your half marathon adventure! I can’t wait to read all about it!
Good luck! This sounds like an incredible experience and I can’t wait to hear about it 🙂
#1, that is me – every single time!! I make lists, check em twice and undoubetedly will forget somethign b/c it wasn’t on the list. D’oh!
Hi, visiting from the friday blog hop! Good luck with the race! I’ve traveled for a race before and ended up forgetting my pajamas! Perhaps I should have double checked my list!
Good luck with your 5 in 5!!! Eeek, I have been waiting for this and stalking. I am excited for you, that’s such an incredible commitment.
Good luck! I’m a big list person too and even though I am as obsessive it is amazing the things you will forget since you didn’t write it down!
Just visiting from the Friday Five link up! Good luck with your races, sounds exciting! I have made lists and lists and still always manage to forget something. Last spring I did a 200 mile relay in SC and I forgot to bring something to sleep in for the day before we left at the hotel. Luckily I had plenty of running shirts and a pair of shorts that worked out well!
5 half marathons in 5 days? You’re my new running hero 🙂 Good luck missy!!!
Hooray – almost time! Good luck!
Most of all – have a great time. You are accomplishing some major milestones the next few days – savor, enjoy and feel proud!!!
I’ve been checking out all the running blogs with these link-ups … and it’s got me in the mood to try a 5k (I did one once). I did a quick check to see if there were any close by tomorrow, but I’m not seeing any. I’m not really one to travel, it would have to be close and convenient! I guess perhaps it’s better to be without the pillow than say … shoes. Good luck, that IS quite the milestone (emphasis on MILES) week you will be having!
Hope you find a 5k soon! I love races and all the fun that goes with them.
LOL on the pillow. I would make a list and never check it. That time change race sounds pretty great! Guaranteed negative splits, right? Have fun tomorrow!!
Good luck!!! I can’t wait to hear all about it! I love the idea of crazy races. I’ve always wanted to do the Hatfield and McCoy one.
Good luck! I also want to run the Hatfield and McCoy, it sounds like a really fun race and crosses off two states!
Enjoy the run! Those are major milestones!
Thanks for linking up with Fitness Friday 🙂
Thinking of you – have a great time!
Thanks! It’s been fun so far!
Good luck with your race! This is my very first time here, but I love your blog! Wishing you all the best from Kentucky!
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you come by again!
you’ve got this — can’t wait to read about it all!