1. Thanks for all the feedback on my training plan. I appreciate it. A couple of people mentioned my lack of “fall back” weeks. One of the things we discussed at the RRCA certification class was that you don’t necessarily need to fall back if you are increasing at closer to a 5% rate than a 10% rate. Also, I know my life. I’ll have fall back weeks that happen when a kid gets sick or I have an onsite work meeting or I’m feeling lazy or we are traveling… If none happen organically, I’ll just have to listen to my body and see if I need one.
2. I made a trip to my favorite beer store yesterday. I bought so much beer that I was given free chocolate.
3. I ran 8.1 miles yesterday. That’s the longest run I’ve done since the half marathon I ran in April. I felt awesome until about 6.5 miles. It’s a start.
4. I ate at least 8 miles worth of chocolate last night. (See #2)
5. Saturday is the beer dinner that we sold at our sons’ school auction. I’ve already started cooking for it. We are doing 8 beers this year instead of 4. I’m not running on Sunday. Just sayin’.
Beer and Running. A match made in heaven.
8 thoughts on “Five for Friday”
that is a lot of beer~ yay for getting chocolate to go with it! made for a great run..things to keep in mind 😉
I purposely sign up for any beer run in my area because beer and running go hand in hand. My love for beer is what keeps me motivated!
The beer haul is awesome!!
What is a beer dinner? I think I need to learn stat and do one here!
In my Homer Simpson voice, “Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer”.
Sometimes I wonder if you really listen to what I say. I told you a long time ago that beer and running go together. Sometimes you run to acquire a thirst for a good beer, and sometimes you run to eliminate the beer’s calories from your system. Whichever, I have always included beer as part of my German training plan. I will have to stock up so we can make some long runs over Christmas in the snow!!! Love you!
And the beer dinner would explain the amount of beer that you bought. I just thought you were stocking up for a long, hard winter.
Wow, you guys should be set for awhile right?!
That beer dinner sounds intriguing! Hope it went well. 8.1 miles = better than nothing, which is what I’m doing at the moment. I know what you mean about it feeling good until 6.5….baby steps, right?!