1. Thanks for all the feedback on my training plan. I appreciate it. A couple of people mentioned my lack of “fall back” weeks. One of the things we discussed at the RRCA certification class was that you don’t necessarily need to fall back if you are increasing at closer to a 5% rate than a 10% rate. Also, I know my life. I’ll have fall back weeks that happen when a kid gets sick or I have an onsite work meeting or I’m feeling lazy or we are traveling… If none happen organically, I’ll just have to listen to my body and see if I need one.
2. I made a trip to my favorite beer store yesterday. I bought so much beer that I was given free chocolate.
3. I ran 8.1 miles yesterday. That’s the longest run I’ve done since the half marathon I ran in April. I felt awesome until about 6.5 miles. It’s a start.
4. I ate at least 8 miles worth of chocolate last night. (See #2)
5. Saturday is the beer dinner that we sold at our sons’ school auction. I’ve already started cooking for it. We are doing 8 beers this year instead of 4. I’m not running on Sunday. Just sayin’.
Beer and Running. A match made in heaven.