Today’s Friday Five topic is “Five Good Things” which is honor of today being Good Friday.
I’m linking up with the lovely ladies of the DC Trifecta: Mar, Cynthia, and Courtney.
I’m going with five good things that happened this week:
1. The boys and I spent two days with my parents in Chicago this week. We managed to cram in four venues and see such awesome things as Sue the Dinosaur and a blue lobster. I love that my boys are old enough to do these kind of activities and really learn from them now.
2. I got to see both of my grandmothers on Thursday. I don’t get back to Wisconsin nearly as often as I’d like and they are both quite elderly, so any visit that I get to see them is a bonus at this point.
3. I finished making all of our reservations for our anniversary trip to the Cape Cod area (and my adventures running Ragnar Cape Cod.) Yes, Beer Geek is a good man to let me go running off (literally) for two days of our 20th anniversary trip.
4. I got in a really good run with my dad on Wednesday in perfect weather. I was planning for an easy 3 miles. Somehow that ended up being 6 miles with 5 of them sub-10 minutes. When will I learn that my dad does not run short, easy runs?
5. Today we are flying home so we can see Beer Geek’s sister and brother in law. They’ve been staying with Beer Geek for the last few days so that they could check out DC over spring break. We’ll all be enjoying Easter out at Beer Geek’s dad’s on Sunday. Apparently while I was gone, my BIL designed my new kitchen. Now I just need to find a contractor to build his design LOL.
Bonus: I only have one 20 miler and one 15 miler in between me and taper for the back to back marathons. So close now!
Happy Easter weekend! Keep working those cores and I’ll be back to my normal chatty self next week when the kids are back in school.
18 thoughts on “Five Good Things Friday”
That so wonderful that you run with your dad! My husband and I love when our daughters run with us! Have a very very Happy Easter!
Sounds like a great visit away. Always nice to see grandparents. Happy Easter!
That is so nice that you got to run with your Dad. And seeing grandparents is always special too. I look forward to following you on your back to back marathon adventure!
Always nice to see grandparents! Have a great weekend 🙂
Wow, that is awesome that your dad not only runs with you but he challenges you! And Ragnar Cape Cod! I can’t wait to read about it. I know I’m going to do a Ragnar someday soon, but I can’t seem to pick which one because they all look so amazing!
I love that you are going to do a Ragnar Relay in the middle of your 20th anniversary trip – ha! That is AWESOME! What fun y’all are going to have – woo hoo! I hope you had a great time in Chicago and that you all have a wonderful weekend.
So excited for Ragnar it’s getting close. Happy Friday
Fun list. Have a great time on Ragnar. That is the race that I first saw about Ragnar and has made me want to do one in my future. Was thinking about DC this year but they moved the weekend and it’s while I’ll be on vacation and NOT in DC.
i’ve loved seeing your pics from vacay. and YAY to only a couple more big mileage runs. i have to say, your training this cycle has impressed the hell out of me. well done, friend!
What great things happened this week for you! Yes love that you can spend time with both your grandmothers and run with your dad! Wow you are blessed indeed! Have a great weekend!
Oh, tell me about your new kitchen. We are just starting down that rabbit hole ….
Wow. Two long runs left. You are almost there! It’s wonderful to be able to visit with family. Both of my parents are gone, but my in-laws just visited this week (and they are great).
Sounds like an action packed trip to Chi-town. Glad you enjoyed it! Come back, so we can connect!
Glad y’all had such a great week – so awesome that you were able to see both of your grandmothers!!!
Maybe your BIL is going to take care of the reno work on the kitchen:)
Have a great Easter weekend!
Sounds like an amazing week! Yay for Ragnar and blue lobsters! Have a great weekend!
I want to do a Ragnar so badly! It’s on my bucket list for sure!
I love Chicago! Glad y’all had a good trip. Happy Easter!