Today’s Friday Five topic is “Five Good Things” which is honor of today being Good Friday.
I’m going with five good things that happened this week:
1. The boys and I spent two days with my parents in Chicago this week. We managed to cram in four venues and see such awesome things as Sue the Dinosaur and a blue lobster. I love that my boys are old enough to do these kind of activities and really learn from them now.
2. I got to see both of my grandmothers on Thursday. I don’t get back to Wisconsin nearly as often as I’d like and they are both quite elderly, so any visit that I get to see them is a bonus at this point.
3. I finished making all of our reservations for our anniversary trip to the Cape Cod area (and my adventures running Ragnar Cape Cod.) Yes, Beer Geek is a good man to let me go running off (literally) for two days of our 20th anniversary trip.
4. I got in a really good run with my dad on Wednesday in perfect weather. I was planning for an easy 3 miles. Somehow that ended up being 6 miles with 5 of them sub-10 minutes. When will I learn that my dad does not run short, easy runs?
5. Today we are flying home so we can see Beer Geek’s sister and brother in law. They’ve been staying with Beer Geek for the last few days so that they could check out DC over spring break. We’ll all be enjoying Easter out at Beer Geek’s dad’s on Sunday. Apparently while I was gone, my BIL designed my new kitchen. Now I just need to find a contractor to build his design LOL.
Bonus: I only have one 20 miler and one 15 miler in between me and taper for the back to back marathons. So close now!
Happy Easter weekend! Keep working those cores and I’ll be back to my normal chatty self next week when the kids are back in school.