- I haven’t run since the race last Saturday. I have, however, done some form of exercise each day, including a walk yesterday that had 444 steps. My quads should be ready to go for the hill tomorrow (not).
- I have been averaging a book a day on my iphone. Unfortunately, the amount I read is inversely proportional to the amount I sleep. I’m tired. For those who asked, I use the Overdrive epub app since that’s what my library uses. I figure if I run out of books from the library, I’ll download the kindle app and peruse the free/cheap books on kindle. I’m too cheap to buy ebooks. Also, the small screen doesn’t bother me at all. The words are a decent size, you just have to “turn the page” frequently. And I can read in pretty much any position without the “book” getting heavy.
- I’m finally beginning to want to run again. I’ve still got some random soreness in my left calf and my right achilles, but I miss running. This week was just too crazy busy, so I just rolled with it, but it’s time to get back on the wagon.
- I’m 16ish weeks out from the Philly Half Marathon. I have to decide SOON if I’m going to try to train for it in Vibrams. I’ve worn shoes to run for the few runs I’ve done the last couple of weeks, but I miss my VFFs.
- Barefoot Angie is coming to DC again in September. I’m doing everything I can to move my calendar around so I can meet up and have a training session with her. If I’m going to run “barefoot”, I really ought to do it right.
I’ve managed to read most of your blogs and even throw out the occasional comment. I’m really looking forward to life settling down a little bit in August and then my new reality in September when both kids go to school. My job is heating up these days and having actual daytime to do it would really rock my world.