I didn’t plan for a crazy spring of races. Really, I didn’t. But somehow I got the bright idea that I should aim for Mercury with Half Fanatics by running 23 states in 365 days. After all, I ran 6 half marathons in 6 states in September and I’m running 7 half marathons in 7 states in May. What’s 10 more states? Except I did a really poor job of planning and somehow only got one state between mid September and mid March. Oops? So, this spring has been really, umm, intense. I’ve already run RNR DC, UC Half, and the Maryland Rail Trail half. And for good measure, I threw in the 17.75k to get my golden ticket AKA entry in to the Marine Corps Marathon. For those keeping track at home, I’ve had one weekend off since I ran RNR.
So, here are the five races I have left this spring (I will still have 3 half marathons to run over the summer):
- Loudon Half Marathon (April 17) – This is a local race that’s supposed to be pretty good. It will be my VA race. I wasn’t planning to run it, but Shoo is in a boot and can’t play soccer, which freed up a weekend. It’s supposed to be hilly, so I think it will end my streak of getting faster each race. It is also my 50th half marathon! I feel like I should celebrate in some way LOL.
- Coastal Delaware Running Festival (April 24) – I’ve heard good things about this race and the drive is manageable. I’ve raced in the same general area before, so I know I like the area. It also knocks out DE.
- Mainly Marathons Independence Series – NJ (May 7) – I just threw this on onto the calendar. I could not make any of the other spring/summer NJ races work with my life. This date kind of does, so I’m doing a drive up/run/drive home less than 24 hour trip to make it happen. It also happens to be where I ran the first of my two marathons in the same weekend last year. It will be fun to run it as a half marathon.
- Mainly Marathons New England Series (May 15-22) – OK, this is cheating. It’s 7 races. I can’t wait! I love the Mainly Marathon races and I can’t wait to see a ton of my friends!
- ZOOMA Annapolis – Confession: I’m running the 10K. I knocked out my MD half this past weekend instead of doing the half marathon at ZOOMA. In my defense, we have a ton going on that weekend and I want to enjoy the race, rather than being stressed about it taking me too long to finish. Plus, with 10 half marathons between now and then, I think I might be tired. Use code Erika16 for 10% off if you’d like to join me for the race.
Bonus: I’m traveling out to CO in June to run the Skirt Sports 13er. Except I’m actually running the 5K. I honestly don’t remember the last time I ran a 5K LOL, so it might actually be more challenging to pace myself for a shorter race. I’m going mostly to hang with the other ambassadors and Nicole DeBoom, not to race, since I already have two half marathons in Colorado.
I plan to spend the rest of June napping… And in case you are wondering, I won’t be aiming for the Sun until Beer Geek retires.