1. I ran 10 days in a row. I know that for a lot of people that’s not a big deal. Around here, however, it’s huge. Oddly enough, I think I could have kept going if life were not intervening. My legs felt good the whole time. I think my body was beginning to adapt to a daily run and I managed to do about 45 miles in the 10 days. I may have to try this again in the fall when the boys are in school. The heat made the last two runs slower and shorter than planned, but they still got done.
2. This has seriously been a “duct tape” week. I’ve had a lot of things going on and the boys are not in camp. When you add in the ridiculous heat, you’re left with a cranky mom and two boys who love to fight. Thank goodness for a trip out to the Udvar-Hazy Center. It was nice, cool, and gave everyone a bit of space.
3. I opened a bank account for my new business. I think that was the last step in getting everything set up. I’m not at all “entrepreneurial” (some might even call me extremely risk averse LOL), so I’ve stepped way outside my box on this. Fingers crossed that it has a neutral to positive effect in our lives.
4. Today I finally mailed all of the items that people won in my two giveaways. Yeah, I’m slow like that. I only have one more item to do for a giveaway. Guess I need to start thinking about some more beer related giveaways in the future.
5. I’m still hanging in there with the barefoot running. The last day of my streak was a 1.4 mile run on the treadmill in a basement that was trying to match the outside temps of 102. As you might imagine, I didn’t run any extra. I’m still trying to figure out a “moccasin like” shoe to try for outside running. I’d just like a little bit of leather between me and the pavement (and glass and other nasty stuff around here).
26 thoughts on “Five Things Friday: Streaking and barefoot running.”
I am very impressed with your streaking, children handling skills and barefoot running.A couple of weeks ago (because of your bad influence!) I ran a tenth of a mile barefoot. It was interesting, though I constantly worry about my arches since they're so low. Once my schedule sorts out and I get to know my new neighborhood a bit more, I'll try it again.Good luck with your business!
"Duct tape" week – ha, ha!! I hear ya on that one. Nicely done on the 10-day streak, I usually don't even run two days in a row.
Great job on your running streak and good luck with the new venture!
I think 10 days in a row is huge also! I feel like a champ when I go out two days in a row.
Maybe the duct tape can be worked into the moccasin you're wanting?
10 days in a row is huge. I start to feel it if i walk that many days in a row – I begin to really need a day off
10 days in a row is a lot for me too! I like to have a rest day once a week. My legs just don't react well if I go too long. congrats on sticking with the barefoot running!
Congrats on your 10 day streak! Have you ever tried the Nike Frees? They may be what you're looking for for outside "barefoot" running 🙂
Nice job on doing 45 miles in 10 days! I've been running 20 days now, and I think my mileage is only in the 50s.
Nice job with your streak. Have a great weekend!
10 days is a big deal! I start to think I'm a superhero when I run 6 days straight.Have a great weekend!!
Great job on the streak! and going barefoot. I still have not done any real distance barefoot. Call me chicken.Your winners won't care if they had to wait. Winning made them already happy!Good luck with your business!
Congrats on the business side- very exciting!I don't know how you were able to run 10 days in a row, but that is just excellent!
Awesome job on the streak! I'm super impressed. And good luck with the new business. Very exciting stuff!
I like the 10 days in a row of running, I think I might do that!! Great week! Did you mention what your new biz will be ? Did I miss that?
Awesome job with your 10 day workout streak! Best of luck with your new business:) Happy weekend!
A 10-day running stretch makes me want to do the Dora Dance for you and sing, "You did it!" How cool 🙂
Ah yes we're cranky and hot and fighting here as well. When does school start again?nice streak!
Vibram Five Fingers!
Good luck with the new venture!
Good luck with your new business…I have a feeling you won't regret taking a risk.Good job on your running streak…I'm inspired!
Drank another Bud light and thought of you….. 🙂 See also twitter.I'd love to start my own biz, but I'm like you I think. No risk for me.
Good luck with your business and congrats on stepping outside the box!
Those two "angels" required duct tape. Color me surprised…
Congrats on the 10 solid days! Have you seen the sandals? (http://www.invisibleshoe.com/556/getting-started-with-barefoot-running/) I was thinking that this would be really easy to do with a pair of old navy flip flop bottoms, and only cost like $3. Woo economical
Way to go on the 10 days in a row!(I'm a poet, and I know it.)Seriously that's awesome. 5 is pretty much the longest streak I've had anytime recently.