1. I ran 10 days in a row. I know that for a lot of people that’s not a big deal. Around here, however, it’s huge. Oddly enough, I think I could have kept going if life were not intervening. My legs felt good the whole time. I think my body was beginning to adapt to a daily run and I managed to do about 45 miles in the 10 days. I may have to try this again in the fall when the boys are in school. The heat made the last two runs slower and shorter than planned, but they still got done.
2. This has seriously been a “duct tape” week. I’ve had a lot of things going on and the boys are not in camp. When you add in the ridiculous heat, you’re left with a cranky mom and two boys who love to fight. Thank goodness for a trip out to the Udvar-Hazy Center. It was nice, cool, and gave everyone a bit of space.
3. I opened a bank account for my new business. I think that was the last step in getting everything set up. I’m not at all “entrepreneurial” (some might even call me extremely risk averse LOL), so I’ve stepped way outside my box on this. Fingers crossed that it has a neutral to positive effect in our lives.
4. Today I finally mailed all of the items that people won in my two giveaways. Yeah, I’m slow like that. I only have one more item to do for a giveaway. Guess I need to start thinking about some more beer related giveaways in the future.
5. I’m still hanging in there with the barefoot running. The last day of my streak was a 1.4 mile run on the treadmill in a basement that was trying to match the outside temps of 102. As you might imagine, I didn’t run any extra. I’m still trying to figure out a “moccasin like” shoe to try for outside running. I’d just like a little bit of leather between me and the pavement (and glass and other nasty stuff around here).