It’s Friday, Fr-Fr-Fr-Friday! Yay! This week has just seemed so very long. Thankfully, I’m mostly recovered from the Marine Corps Marathon. I’ve run twice and done a workout on the elliptical and my legs feel pretty good. I do have a couple of unhappy toes still, as apparently when you’ve already lost the toenail, there isn’t much protection there. No, I won’t share a picture. You’re welcome. I am still floating along on my marathon high though, so there is that. And I made it to the gym today where I did my first upper body workout in, umm, months.
Anyways, we made it to Friday and I’m joining in on the new Friday Five 2.0 with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness. Today’s topic is “5 Things You Don’t Know About Me”. Some of these I’ve mentioned before, but not in a while.
- If I don’t write it down, it didn’t happen. I remember things by writing them down. If I write it down, I can pull up a mental picture of the page and “read” what I wrote. This is one of the many reasons that a Bullet Journal is totally working for me. I’ve been using one for almost a month and it is exactly what I needed.
- I have a horrible time remember names, but I’ll always remember your face. If I see someone regularly (at the store or on the metro, etc.) and then see them randomly somewhere else, it causes me a lot of confusion because I’ll recognize their face and not be able to remember their name. It always takes me a while to realize that I never knew their name in the first place. (I have also been known to forget names of people I’ve known for years when it comes time to introduce them to someone. Thankfully, I’ve always been this way, so I’m pretty sure it’s not early onset dementia…)
- Shoo was born upstairs in our bedroom. Yes, this was by choice. Yes, it was the most amazing and empowering experience of my life. Yes, I do have an incredible tolerance for pain. Why do you think I like to run marathons?
- I ran my very first race in March 2007 at age 37, a year before I started blogging. In the nearly 10 years since, I’ve run 6 marathons, 62 half marathons, 5 10 milers, and a bunch of shorter races. In that time, I’ve raced in 38 states +DC (33+DC as half marathons). I’ve broken 2:00 in the half marathon a couple of times, but I’m still trying to break 4:30 in the marathon. I feel like I should celebrate 10 years of racing next spring. Guess I need to find an awesome race to run.
- I love vegetables. In fact, I have a bit of an addiction to cauliflower. I would eat it every day (and did when I was pregnant with Shoo.) But I also enjoy brussels sprouts, salads, green beans, okra, etc. and I don’t mind things like radishes and eggplant. Seriously, there is only one vegetable that I do NOT like: beets. And yet I’ve tasted beets about a million times because everyone thinks that if I just try their version, I’ll become a beet convert. Nope. Always tastes like dirt.
I can’t believe that none of my facts are related to beer. I may just have to do another Friday Five about five beer related things from MCM Mama LOL.
But I’m feeling a little lost this week with only one more race this year (“only” 5 miles) and then nothing until near the end of April (Ragnar Trail Richmond). It just feels so… wrong.