I love to travel. I love to run. I love it even more when I can combine the two activities. After all, my header is designed to record my races in different states.(Beer Geek and I are already talking about retiring and buying an RV and traveling the country, collecting counties and hitting up races.)
Seems fitting that today’s topic for Friday Five with Courtney, Mar, and Cynthia is “5 Trips”. It was a pretty open ended topic, so I’m going to tell you about the 5 trips I have left in 2015. If I were to talk about where I want to travel, well, the list would be way longer than five.
1. First up is the trip I’ve been running my legs off for: I’m heading up to the Mainly Marathons Independence Series to run back to back marathons. Yes, 52.4 miles in two days. Even better, I’m being joined by one of my closest friends: Kim from Just Trying Is For Little Girls. It pains me that we live on opposite coasts, so any opportunity to meet up makes me super happy. As a bonus, I’ll earn Marathon Maniac status AND race in two new states. Win!
2. Shortly after I return from that lovely trip, Beer Geek and I are headed to Cape Cod to celebrate our 20th anniversary. First, how on earth can we have been married 20 years? It seems like just yesterday he was proposing in front of the 7-11! While we are up there, I’m (literally) running off and running Ragnar Cape Cod. We’ll meet back up after for a few more days before coming home and celebrating at a party with our closest friends.
3. Next? Our summer vacation to Asheville, North Carolina. I’m really excited as I’ve never been there and it’s supposed to beautiful. Also? Beer. They have tons of brewpubs. At this point, I have not found a race to run, but I’m ok with that. Sometimes it’s nice to just have a vacation and do a few runs for fun.
Source (I think we are staying right under the mass of brewpubs!)
4. Then the boys and I will head back to Wisconsin. I love visiting there, especially in the summer when my mom’s garden allows me to gorge on fresh veggies every day. Also, it tends to be cooler than Virginia, so I’ll definitely be planning one of my long runs for MCM for while I’m there. Also, Beer Geek and I will be attending the Great Taste of the Midwest when he comes out for a bit. I think this is our 4th year going and it’s always a blast!
5. Finally, Beer Geek and I will be heading out for another Mainly Marathon series. Ever since I ran the Dust Bowl series, I’ve been eyeing the Center of the Nation series. It’s 6 states in 6 days now: ND, SD, WY, MT, NE, and CO. I already have Colorado, but I want the medal you get for all the states, so I’ll be running all 6 (5 new states!)
There are so many other places I’d love to go and so many other races I’d love run, but free time and finances dictate that those are my trips this year. Who knows what kind of crazy I’ll come up with for 2016!
[Tweet “Where are you traveling or where would you love to travel? Here’s where I’m going! #racecation”]
Where are you traveling or where would you love to travel? Sell me on some new places!
Leave a Reply