Today I am incredibly thankful that it’s Friday. I’m still tired from my last two amazing weekends and we have very little scheduled this weekend. This means I can actually catch up a bit on the sleep front. It’s been a crazy week, with Beer Geek on travel and the boys having a ton of end of the year stuff. My stress level has been pretty high, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. So, since today’s Friday Five topic is “favorites”, here are five favorites that are making me happy right now.
- Skirt Sports Gym Girl Ultra – I’m a Happy Girl runner. I love that skirt and I wear it for running, as well as life. But last year there were a couple of patterns that weren’t available in the Happy Girl and I wanted them badly enough that I bought them in the Gym Girl. I must confess that I’ve fallen for that style as well. It’s now my go-to for hot weather running – I love the shorter length and the slit on the side when it’s 90* with matching humidity. You still won’t see me wearing them when I’m not running though.
- Reading in bed – Beer Geek has been out of town the past week. When he’s home, he goes to be much earlier than I do, so I had on the couch. When he’s gone, I go up to our room much earlier and read in bed until I doze off or it’s bed time, whichever comes first. (Usually the dozing…)
- My new glasses – They aren’t my favorite glasses ever, but they were super cheap (6 months of contacts + glasses for $200 at Target!) and I can see!!! I hadn’t bought new glasses since Shoo was born, so it’s quite nice to take out my contacts at night and be able to see the computer.
- Visors – I was a commited hat girl until I was recently given an MRTT Headsweats visor. I always thought I looked goofy in them, but I actually like it. I liked it so much I’ve now bought two Skirt Sports visors to rock this summer.
- Decluttering – Every spring I have to remove everything from our linen closet so that the AC tech can get into the attic and check our air conditioner. Every spring I use that as a time to reorganize the closet, dispose of old medications, and weed out a few things. Well, when I got done with that, I was on a roll! I’ve now given away more than 20 race shirts and I’m working on weeding what was left of my “work clothes” collection. (I haven’t worked in an office in more than 10 years – pretty sure most of it is out of date LOL) And then I’ll be selling/donating a ton of shoes since I only run in Altra now. Ah, I feel lighter already…