Today I am incredibly thankful that it’s Friday. I’m still tired from my last two amazing weekends and we have very little scheduled this weekend. This means I can actually catch up a bit on the sleep front. It’s been a crazy week, with Beer Geek on travel and the boys having a ton of end of the year stuff. My stress level has been pretty high, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. So, since today’s Friday Five topic is “favorites”, here are five favorites that are making me happy right now.
- Skirt Sports Gym Girl Ultra – I’m a Happy Girl runner. I love that skirt and I wear it for running, as well as life. But last year there were a couple of patterns that weren’t available in the Happy Girl and I wanted them badly enough that I bought them in the Gym Girl. I must confess that I’ve fallen for that style as well. It’s now my go-to for hot weather running – I love the shorter length and the slit on the side when it’s 90* with matching humidity. You still won’t see me wearing them when I’m not running though.
- Reading in bed – Beer Geek has been out of town the past week. When he’s home, he goes to be much earlier than I do, so I had on the couch. When he’s gone, I go up to our room much earlier and read in bed until I doze off or it’s bed time, whichever comes first. (Usually the dozing…)
- My new glasses – They aren’t my favorite glasses ever, but they were super cheap (6 months of contacts + glasses for $200 at Target!) and I can see!!! I hadn’t bought new glasses since Shoo was born, so it’s quite nice to take out my contacts at night and be able to see the computer.
- Visors – I was a commited hat girl until I was recently given an MRTT Headsweats visor. I always thought I looked goofy in them, but I actually like it. I liked it so much I’ve now bought two Skirt Sports visors to rock this summer.
- Decluttering – Every spring I have to remove everything from our linen closet so that the AC tech can get into the attic and check our air conditioner. Every spring I use that as a time to reorganize the closet, dispose of old medications, and weed out a few things. Well, when I got done with that, I was on a roll! I’ve now given away more than 20 race shirts and I’m working on weeding what was left of my “work clothes” collection. (I haven’t worked in an office in more than 10 years – pretty sure most of it is out of date LOL) And then I’ll be selling/donating a ton of shoes since I only run in Altra now. Ah, I feel lighter already…
13 thoughts on “Friday Favorites”
you know I am a fan of GGU on you! Have a great weekend
I have had a book on my nightstand for weeks. I keep wanting to read it when I grt off work at night but I am totally exhausted. I recently just bought my first headsweats visor and I love it.
I also try to declutter a lot in the summertime! Although I’d really love to get to the point that I don’t feel like I’m constantly decluttering… 🙂 #workinprogress
I want to get some of the longer skirts for daily wear for my new job. I never liked to wear skirts in my classroom because it’s freezing and I didn’t want my students ogling my legs, but I’ll be in a more administrative role this year so I think it’s time to embrace the skirts for daily wear!
I love your new glasses!
Nice list. I’ve been doing more reading lately the past couple months and it’s a welcome change. Enjoying breaking out a book in bed a little before heading to sleep. My wife loves to read too, so works out well.
You look awesome in those glasses. And I’ve been reading in bed lately too. It’s been a nice way to unwind every night. 🙂
I try to read at night, but am asleep within 5 minutes! I need to wear a hat because my scalp burns so easily!
Decluttering is the best!! I did a big clean out several months ago focusing on a couple of rooms. Now I’ve started the process for the last couple of rooms. Definitely feels much lighter, I love it! I’m finally home the first weekend of the month in July so can take papers to be shredded.
Love your new glasses! I enjoy de-cluttering too! This spring I’ve donated so many clothes and old books that I don’t use any more. I have so much more space, yay 🙂
Edye | http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com
I ran in a happy girl this morning for the first time in a long time — I thought it would be rather cool (in the high 50s at the start) but it warmed up really quickly!
I like GGU, but have to be careful with what I put in the pockets or I get horrible chafing (I actually think the sharp edges of the packets just cut through the thinner material).
I still wear them.
I don’t update my glasses all that often, since I wear my contacts most of the time — but I don’t wear them overnight so I do take them out each day. That’s definitely a good deal!
Lately I’m loving cycling and running and wishing I could be loving swimming!
I like your new glasses! They look nice. I also love to read in bed!
ok SO SO SO LATE TO THIS SOIREE
but you have me thinking what I need for this damn heat and my walks is a VISOR.