How is it Friday already? Oh wait, maybe the fact that I had exactly 4 hours this week with both children at school explains why I feel like the week flew and why I’m so incredibly far behind. Our school system closed school for Thursday at 8pm on Wednesday night. This is virtually unheard of – they much prefer to wake me up with a text at stupid early. And I’ll admit, I was a bit surprised – it was raining not snowing and it was above freezing. But close they did.
So, let’s talk about five of my favorite things since that’s the topic chosen by Courtney, Mar, and Cynthia for this week’s topic. (There are affiliate links below and some items I got for free, but every product here I’d willingly spend my own money on.)
1. Sleeping in. I have to admit that even though I had my doubts about the school closing, I totally took advantage of it and did not turn on an alarm. I woke up for a few minutes at 7, looked out the window, saw NO snow, and went back to sleep. When I woke up two hours later, umm, there were a couple of inches on the ground and it was still coming down like crazy. It’s March. This means that winter HAS to end soon. I know it will. I live in Virginia, not the Arctic Circle. The snow will melt and the flowers will bloom and we’ll be able to run without wearing every piece of running clothes we own and there will be no black ice. Hey, a girl’s gotta have a dream.
2. Munk Packs. Jones got braces recently. He’s a somewhat picky eater and does not like food in his braces. Unfortunately, they have a super short lunch break, so I need to send easy to eat foods and totally disposable lunches (which breaks my little green heart.) I discovered Munk Packs on twitter and they were kind enough to send me a few. Jones loved them and I loved that they contain more fiber and protein than the apple sauce packs he’s been living on.
3. My new Altra One². I’m head over heels in love with these, but I’ve barely been able to run in them on pavement. They were awesome on the indoor track and the treadmill though. It was like running on bouncy clouds, but zero drop. Love love love them. Want more.
4. The new Skirt Sports patterns. See, they chose me as an ambassador to spread the skirt love, but really, I’m the one who wins. Why? Because I find out about things like new patterns and sales first. And I’ll share those things with you all, but first I savor them for me. Right now I’m trying to figure out how much of the 261 line I need to buy. And for you? Flash.sale. The Green Free Spirit Gym Girl is on sale for $26! (No discount codes, but feel free to use my link.)
5. Fit Snack box. I’ve tried a lot of monthly boxes and like a number of them, but usually I’m like “that was nice, but I’m not subscribing.” This one is different. I loved every single thing in the February box and it was awesome to try some stuff I’d never had. It was a great mix of snacks and mixes – I had some chips, a snack mix, a cookie, some energy bites, pancake mix and Sunbather packets as well as a few other things. Not bad for the price.
Bonus: I just got my quilt in the mail from Katie Mae Quilts. She turned all of my shirts from my crazy 2014 into a quilt. I’m totally in love and will share the whole thing soon.
I’m just glad that I managed my long runs before the snow came. I miss the days when Virginia got snow and then immediately rebounded to the high 40s/low 50s. We used to get snow and then it would be gone. Now it just keeps hanging on. It’s been quite the challenging training season.
Happy Friday, everyone! Have a safe, happy, and relaxing weekend!