Five years from now is kind of a big year for us. Here’s why:
1. I’ll be turning 50. I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around this one. I don’t feel like I’m 5 years away from 50. Didn’t I just turn 21 a few weeks ago? How on earth has time passed that fast?
2. I’ll have finished racing in all 50 states. I’ve already done 33 states if I count all distances of races and 18 states if I count only half marathons or longer. I’ll be adding 3 totally new states and replacing two shorter races when I run the 6 half marathons in 6 days at the beginning of September. (Bonus: I will hit my 40th half marathon AND my 45th half marathon during that race series.)
3. Jones will be heading off to college. Seriously??? I’m pretty sure he was just born.
4. Beer Geek will be eligible to retire. Crazy! Not that he’ll get to – see #3.
5. Beer Geek and I will have been married 25 years! Given the combination of a big number anniversary and a big number birthday, I’d like to say we will do something spectacular. But, well, see #3, sigh.
On the fitness front, I do plan to still be running, but I have a feeling I’ll have scaled back the crazy a bit. Hopefully I’ll still be fit enough and have time enough to run half marathons, but if not, as long as I’m still moving, I’ll roll with it. The next five years will be interesting, to say the least.
Where do you think you’ll be in 5 years???